ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO decision about CCL cases

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anitha7
Newly Registered

HO decision about CCL cases

Post by anitha7 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am

hi all
i came to know about this site recently. me and my friend also victims of CCL. at-last we both applied for the tier1 on July 14th 2009. Aug 9th 2009 only we got the passports. i got the stamping for Tier 1. but my friend got refusal and the HO stated same story on her refusal letter. we didn't understand on what basis they are doing like this. if at all CCL didn't offer the PG DIPLOMA how can they Issued IGS earlier. and how can we prove our selves that we are genuine students.
This HO people didn't bother when these college people comes to our home country and they sits in 7 star hotels and they presented their colleges like anything.
as per our knowledge we didn't know what happened on CCL back end. all of a sudden HO raided and everybody is saying scam scam scam. if HO conduct any exam on what we have learn t in CCL ( theoretically or practically ) we are ready. more over my family ( all Genuine CCL Student families) going through hell from the last 9 months. i feel they lost their life span at least 10 yrs.
now we have to appeal for my friends case . every body says solicitor they charge at least £1500. who will bear all these charges.
our personal feeling is we don't like to go for any solicitor and we would like to fight our selves against HO decision
any one could tell us is it right decision or not. more over if the test case decision is not in our favor how can we simply forget and leave this country.i feel if we don't fight now it will impact on our total carrier.
plz guide us
thanks;

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Anitha,

Have you got your PSW (Tier-1) stamped on the basis of CCL?

Is this straight PSW or IGS to PSW extension for 1 year?

I believe if you have studied at the college and taken exams then you have nothing to loose. Fight till the end. You are not going to loose instead there is whole world to gain.

Peace

asian999
Newly Registered

Post by asian999 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 am

Hi anitha,

iam also in the same boat. i got Igs in 2008 june. and after that i did't go for extension to PSW. i have applied tier1 in june 2009. they have given all points for what i have submitted evidence. but they refused and they stated like below.

"I am satisfied that all the documents submitted from the cambridge college of learning, were false because, the cambridge college of learning has never offered a legitimate post graduate in Information Technology."

some people are getting visas on same college same course. i didnt understand what the hell is Happening With HO.

i thought we all combined together and engage one good solicitor. so that fees will be low. what do think anitha.

truth
Newly Registered

Post by truth » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 am

yes it a good idea we can make a forum like HSMP and fight against the HO decision but for this thing we need one platform .

danish1981
BANNED

Re: HO decision about CCL cases

Post by danish1981 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 pm

anitha7 wrote:hi all
i came to know about this site recently. me and my friend also victims of CCL. at-last we both applied for the tier1 on July 14th 2009. Aug 9th 2009 only we got the passports. i got the stamping for Tier 1. but my friend got refusal and the HO stated same story on her refusal letter. we didn't understand on what basis they are doing like this. if at all CCL didn't offer the PG DIPLOMA how can they Issued IGS earlier. and how can we prove our selves that we are genuine students.
This HO people didn't bother when these college people comes to our home country and they sits in 7 star hotels and they presented their colleges like anything.
as per our knowledge we didn't know what happened on CCL back end. all of a sudden HO raided and everybody is saying scam scam scam. if HO conduct any exam on what we have learn t in CCL ( theoretically or practically ) we are ready. more over my family ( all Genuine CCL Student families) going through hell from the last 9 months. i feel they lost their life span at least 10 yrs.
now we have to appeal for my friends case . every body says solicitor they charge at least £1500. who will bear all these charges.
our personal feeling is we don't like to go for any solicitor and we would like to fight our selves against HO decision
any one could tell us is it right decision or not. more over if the test case decision is not in our favor how can we simply forget and leave this country.i feel if we don't fight now it will impact on our total carrier.
plz guide us
thanks;

hi anitha,
congrats abt ur success and sorry to hear abt ur friend,may be i am not of gud help but can i ask you what docs did ur friend send with application and what was her qualification from ccl,was it pgd business management or pgd IT?as to my my assesment so far all the students who has pgd business management, are not havin any trouble getting IGS->PSW.so i am not sure what is it in your friend case?i know around 3 guys personally who have applied for their extension of IGS on pgd business management from CCL and they got it recently previous week.and one more thing to add you said you receive your passports on 9th aug which comes on sunday so plz comment on that as well.thnx

anitha7
Newly Registered

Post by anitha7 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 am

Hi danish 1981,

she didn't submit any CCL docs. her qualication was PGDIPLOMA in IT. and coming to the post they make the decision on 7th of august. and we wre not there at home from 6th of august to 9 th of august. but the royal mail guy just dropped on my door step. he didn't take any signature. so we came back 9th and we shocked that the ukBA post lying like that. any way the decision took on 7th of august. danish if u know any information pls let me know.

Thanks;

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:29 am

I would say you were very lucky to get a psw extension. At least you are safe for the next 12 month from now on. However, it doesn't mean you would not be having any problems in the future. All it means your previous qualification wasn't checked by the case worker, whereas your friend's - was. This is because for an IGS to PSW extension the proof of qualifications is not required, only the bank statements. So, the fact you studied PG in IT from CCL was simply overlooked by your case worker.

However, if you want to travel, you are very likely to be asked where you studied at UK border. And if you say it was CCL, then it is likely you could be detained and interviewed. So, be careful.

Also, there is no need for you to apeal, since you have got your extension. And also you do not have to advertise it to any authorities, otherwise your visa could be revoked. But your friend certainly should go through the appeal process.

Anitha, could you please tell me how it may be possible to prove you had studied for PG in IT, if it is officially acknowledged that such qualification has never been tought at CCL? I personally don't understand this particular issue. If all the students really studied for it, why is it so difficult to prove it?

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:36 am

@ anitha7:
Please dont travel outside UK for next couple of months and wait for CCL test case determination.
As of switching to other category, you would definitely have problems, so seek legal advice before you do that or else, now you have the visa, join some good university and do another course. You might get some credits for your previous qualifications. Show this new qualification while switching your visa!!!
Good Luck.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:@ anitha7:
Please dont travel outside UK for next couple of months and wait for CCL test case determination.
As of switching to other category, you would definitely have problems, so seek legal advice before you do that or else, now you have the visa, join some good university and do another course. You might get some credits for your previous qualifications. Show this new qualification while switching your visa!!!
Good Luck.
I have not read much about CCL but can u tell me wats the future for all the CCL students (Including who had a visa and including new one). The thing confusing me that do all of them have to leave the UK or just those where refusal has been decided.

anitha7
Newly Registered

Post by anitha7 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 am

Really iam also in same confusion ASH 786. if u know any info pls let me know.
Thanks;

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:46 pm

anitha7 wrote:Really iam also in same confusion ASH 786. if u know any info pls let me know.
Thanks;
hi anitha ,
any updates about ur friend rejection??as its a bit hard now coz the decision went into HO favour.have you discussed it with any solicitor?what was your pgd anitha was it pgd business or pgd it>???

anitha7
Newly Registered

Post by anitha7 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi danish 1981,

its in PGD IT. Yesterday only we met the solicitor. and he was very confident about the case. He was saying judgement will be positive in My friends case, but it will take time.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Sweety,

Your solicitor is only making a fool of your friend. Dragging the case longer means more money for him and long and slow suffering for your friend.

anitha7
Newly Registered

Post by anitha7 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi bagula bhagat
why are saying like that
there is no chance to win?

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Well,

I didn't mean to say that you can't win the case. There are abundant loopholes in english law provided your solicitor gets hold of the right one.

I believe you guys do have a big chance of winning as you are getting extension from IGS to PSW. Don't worry.

Test case decicion does not mean that everyone will fall foul. Each case will be judged on its merit. You have more chances of winning the better placed you are in UK's economy, jobwise etc.
Best of Luck

anitha7
Newly Registered

Post by anitha7 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks a lot bagula bhagat.

let c what will happend.

after test case result also one of my friend got the extension from CCL.
if we post that here everybody will say that joke was over try another .......... we dont like to orgue with any one. we are here to helping eachother.

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

anitha7 wrote:Thanks a lot bagula bhagat.

let c what will happend.

if we post that here everybody will say that joke was over try another .......... we dont like to orgue with any one. we are here to helping eachother.
hi anitha
i have got rejection also from ccl on the same grounds of deception.just want to ask you is it worht going for appeal or its just waste of time and money.what does your solicitor says about it after keeping the lead case decision in mind?thnx

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 am

danish1981 wrote:
anitha7 wrote:Thanks a lot bagula bhagat.

let c what will happend.

hi anitha
i have got rejection also from ccl on the same grounds of deception.just want to ask you is it worht going for appeal or its just waste of time and money.what does your solicitor says about it after keeping the lead case decision in mind?thnx
The Tribunal decision is out so no point wasting more money as u will not win the appeal even u go to High Court.