ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP - Shortage Occupation List

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lipiden
Newly Registered

WP - Shortage Occupation List

Post by lipiden » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Dear Sir,

My company willing to sponser myself and applied for Sponsership License. My company waiting for the same from H.O.
Once we received, I am going to apply for Tier 2 under shortage occupation list. (Civil Engineer - Structural Steel Engineers).

I have run throught the point bases assesment and I am qualified. My salary and working hours are met with H.O. Guidelines. Now, my doubt is, if my company CoS is approved for 1 off myself under shortage occupation list, does any one let me know, what are the proof i need to send it with the application.

P.S: I am not qualifying for Tier 2 - General with educational background. Hence, my employer going with Shortage occupation list.

Please advice.
Ram

ash786
BANNED

Re: WP - Shortage Occupation List

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

lipiden wrote:Dear Sir,

My company willing to sponser myself and applied for Sponsership License. My company waiting for the same from H.O.
Once we received, I am going to apply for Tier 2 under shortage occupation list. (Civil Engineer - Structural Steel Engineers).

I have run throught the point bases assesment and I am qualified. My salary and working hours are met with H.O. Guidelines. Now, my doubt is, if my company CoS is approved for 1 off myself under shortage occupation list, does any one let me know, what are the proof i need to send it with the application.

P.S: I am not qualifying for Tier 2 - General with educational background. Hence, my employer going with Shortage occupation list.

Please advice.
Ram
1. If the job is on the shortage occupation list then u do not need to provide any proof for that as it will be confirmed on the COS wen u sponsor apply for the COS for u and when u make the application and select shortage occupation.

2. HO will check that after the receievd the application that u job is a shortage occupation list.

lipiden
Newly Registered

Post by lipiden » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks Ash.

Mine is on Shortage occupation list. Once License is issued my company will apply for CoS online and they will make sure we fill that shortage occupation list catagory. My only concern was, although my company filled out that this on shortage occupation list, does HO need any proof from the candidate regarding to qualification ie. he is capable of doing what it said on Shortage occupation list. However, you have just replied that i need not to submit any proof.

Another query.. any idea how long does it take to get CoS from the date of online application?

Thanks a lot.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm

lipiden wrote:Thanks Ash.

Mine is on Shortage occupation list. Once License is issued my company will apply for CoS online and they will make sure we fill that shortage occupation list catagory. My only concern was, although my company filled out that this on shortage occupation list, does HO need any proof from the candidate regarding to qualification ie. he is capable of doing what it said on Shortage occupation list. However, you have just replied that i need not to submit any proof.

Another query.. any idea how long does it take to get CoS from the date of online application?

Thanks a lot.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... idance.pdf

Follow the link and read on the Page 22 as it clearly explains that for shortage occupation an applicant does not have to earn points for prospective earnings or qualification.

dina12345
Newly Registered

Re: WP - Shortage Occupation List

Post by dina12345 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:53 am

Hi

I am thinking of apply tier2G visa, I have got job offer but job does not fall within the shortage listed Jobs of UKBA. In this case

i ) can I apply for tier2 visa as new rules imposed on the November 2014.
ii) if yes, what assignments do I have to do before making application?

Help me please giving me genuin suggestion.

Thanks