ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British single mother, Egyptian fiance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viv1morris
Newly Registered

British single mother, Egyptian fiance

Post by viv1morris » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 pm

cc
Last edited by viv1morris on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

rachprocter4

Post by rachprocter4 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:36 pm

As long as you can prove you can support him without claiming anyMORE benefit and/or he has enough savings to support himself you'll be okay. I am in the exact same situation and my fiance got his visa from the US in June, our wedding is in October so we haven't gone through the transfer of visa yet though. Hope this helps a little.

viv1morris
Newly Registered

Post by viv1morris » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm

cc
Last edited by viv1morris on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:48 am

viv1morris wrote:... as I have kids from previous marriage we arent able to live together so I don't know if this makes any difference to his chances of being accepted.
You mean that, prior to the marriage, the two of you are not living together? Not a problem, the UK Government certainly does not have a problem with an engaged couple not living together.

However, following the marriage, and assuming the spouse visa is granted, please confirm that the intention is that the two of you will indeed live together, with your children!

Also, the accommodation you occupy, is it big enough to accommodate the you, your husband (as he will be), and your children? Or will it be overcrowded?

Are you currently claiming Council Tax Benefit and/or Housing Benefit?
John

viv1morris
Newly Registered

Post by viv1morris » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 am

John wrote:
viv1morris wrote:... as I have kids from previous marriage we arent able to live together so I don't know if this makes any difference to his chances of being accepted.
You mean that, prior to the marriage, the two of you are not living together? Not a problem, the UK Government certainly does not have a problem with an engaged couple not living together.

However, following the marriage, and assuming the spouse visa is granted, please confirm that the intention is that the two of you will indeed live together, with your children!

Also, the accommodation you occupy, is it big enough to accommodate the you, your husband (as he will be), and your children? Or will it be overcrowded?

Are you currently claiming Council Tax Benefit and/or Housing Benefit?
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. My husband-to-be will be living with me and my kids. I rent a large 2 bedroom flat so there will be no issue with overcrowding.
I'm claiming working and child tax credits and also housing benefit.
Thanks,

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 am

My husband-to-be will be living with me and my kids. I rent a large 2 bedroom flat so there will be no issue with overcrowding.
Just to make sure, how many children are there, and their ages and genders?
John

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

viv1morris
Newly Registered

Post by viv1morris » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm

John wrote:
My husband-to-be will be living with me and my kids. I rent a large 2 bedroom flat so there will be no issue with overcrowding.
Just to make sure, how many children are there, and their ages and genders?
There are 2 children, a 4 year-old boy and 2 year old girl. I know this isn't classed as overcrowding. The housing benefit office sees this as fit anyway. Although, maybe for the purpose of making immigration more difficult they will class it as overcrowded. When i say large 2 bed flat i meaan the rooms are large for a 2 bed place, i obviously don't think it's a mansion with only 2 bedrooms lol
Thanks,

viv1morris
Newly Registered

Post by viv1morris » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm

vinny wrote:See also MAA14 Overcrowding.
Thanks Vinny. We're definately not on the brink of overcrowding, as they count the lounge as a sleeping area and the kids only count as half a person each lol

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

I thought that having a boy and girl would class it as over crowded??? Do they each not need a room?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 pm

I thought that having a boy and girl would class it as over crowded??? Do they each not need a room?
No, that is fine, at ages of 4 and 2. However in 6 years time, when the oldest is 10, they will need separate bedrooms. But no problem now.
John

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

I too am trying to get my Egyptian Partner to the UK

Post by sundaygirl24 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 am

Hi There Viv, I am also a single mum trying to get through the Visa process with my Egyptian Husband whom I have a 3 month old baby with.
I too am on Benefits and the information I am finding out is very conflicting.
Perhaps we could help each other out? Please contact me. Claire