ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LPR with dual nationality

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravon
Newly Registered

LPR with dual nationality

Post by ravon » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 pm

I've always entered the US on the passport of country A, is there any reason why I can't use the passport of country B (with my green card of course)?

(Neither A or B is the country of my birth, if that matters).

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

I see no reason for allowing A passport and blocking B passport ( Assuming they have valid and required visa on it).

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Except that if you have previously dealt with the US authorities using passport A, it is normally not recommended to change without good reason.

UKStephen
Newly Registered

Post by UKStephen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:38 am

I am in the same situation, LPR but with UK and Canadian passports. Generally if I am entering from Canada, I use the canadian one, and if I am flying in from the UK, I use the UK one.

I've been doing that for 4 years and have never had a problem and I've seen no evidence from them (in terms of questioning) that the passports are linked in their system.