ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long should my parents stay for?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shez_78
Newly Registered

How long should my parents stay for?

Post by shez_78 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Friends, my parents have just got the visit visa (6 months) to attend a ceremony in the UK. Their intentions are to spend a month here; this is what they have also mentioned in the VAF. Though they haven’t arrived here yet but I am already insisting them to stay for longer :-)

I have spoken to the Immigration Advisory Services who helped them prepare their documents, this is what they said "we recommend them to stay for the period not more than a month or as they stated in the VAF. This will be taken into consideration whenever they will apply next. They however will have multiple entries on their six months visa, so they can make several visits to UK.â€

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: How long should my parents stay for?

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm

[quote="shez_78"]Friends, my parents have just got the visit visa (6 months) to attend a ceremony in the UK. Their intentions are to spend a month here; this is what they have also mentioned in the VAF. Though they haven’t arrived here yet but I am already insisting them to stay for longer :-)

I have spoken to the Immigration Advisory Services who helped them prepare their documents, this is what they said "we recommend them to stay for the period not more than a month or as they stated in the VAF. This will be taken into consideration whenever they will apply next. They however will have multiple entries on their six months visa, so they can make several visits to UK.â€

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How long should my parents stay for?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

[quote="Rozen"][quote="shez_78"]Friends, my parents have just got the visit visa (6 months) to attend a ceremony in the UK. Their intentions are to spend a month here; this is what they have also mentioned in the VAF. Though they haven’t arrived here yet but I am already insisting them to stay for longer :-)

An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Thansk Wanderer and Rozen,

would it be a safe bet that they go back after a month and then come again? its a multiple entry visa!!! :?

I am not sure ...

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 pm

shez_78 wrote:would it be a safe bet that they go back after a month and then come again? its a multiple entry visa!!! :?
'Course it would! But why throw away good money when they have a perfectly valid visa to stay for the whole six months, if they want to? You've been fighting their case from way back last year. Enjoy your parents while they are there with you. As long as they do not overstay, it is fine. You don't even have to inform Home Office that they are extending their stay for as long as the visa is valid. They are well within their rights to stay during it's validity. Stop worrying!

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:24 am

That's reasonable advice but if they stay 6 months it would be unwise to come back until at least another 6 months has passed.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am

UKBAbble wrote:but if they stay 6 months it would be unwise to come back until at least another 6 months has passed.
Yep! Agreed.

shez_78
Newly Registered

Post by shez_78 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:18 pm

thanks tons to all of you .... cheers