ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have sufficient funds?!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lilly09

Do I have sufficient funds?!

Post by lilly09 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 pm

I sent my application today for a tier 1 post study visa.

I have had a balance of much over 800 starting only from May 07.

My bank statements run from 17 Ap-17 May then - 17 June and - 17 July
I requested another one from -17 July to Aug 06 and got these all in the post.

However I am a bit concerned as wheather this will satisfy the 3 months period, May 7th to Aug 6th that is. So I went to the bank today and requested for them to issue me a letter to show I have maintained sufficient funds for a 3 month period til today. They say they dnt do letters but instead they printed out my statements til Aug 11 and signed and sealed them for me. Its just a few more days cos I was dreading Aug 6th was like a steep deadline that may not satisfy the 3 month period.

I attached the certification from the bank to my statements and send them together.

Think that should be ok?? cheers

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Do I have sufficient funds?!

Post by dima » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:25 pm

lilly09 wrote:I sent my application today for a tier 1 post study visa.

I have had a balance of much over 800 starting only from May 07.

My bank statements run from 17 Ap-17 May then - 17 June and - 17 July
I requested another one from -17 July to Aug 06 and got these all in the post.

However I am a bit concerned as wheather this will satisfy the 3 months period, May 7th to Aug 6th that is. So I went to the bank today and requested for them to issue me a letter to show I have maintained sufficient funds for a 3 month period til today. They say they dnt do letters but instead they printed out my statements til Aug 11 and signed and sealed them for me. Its just a few more days cos I was dreading Aug 6th was like a steep deadline that may not satisfy the 3 month period.

I attached the certification from the bank to my statements and send them together.

Think that should be ok?? cheers
If it adds up to 90 days.. its done!! :)

monday

Post by monday » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm

HI

You don't seems to have any problems 17 April to 6 August is even more than 3 months. Pls relax, the latst statement was printed one month before your application

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:33 pm

I know starting from Apri 17 has no prob but thing is my funds were over 800 only starting from May 7, therefore til Aug 6th when my last statement came thru in the post its just less than 3 months....

I got this confirmation from the bank that until today, Aug 11 I still have sufficient funds cos I was scared they may say I have insufficient funds.

I am still not sure if I'll be ok...

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:42 pm

lilly09 wrote:I know starting from Apri 17 has no prob but thing is my funds were over 800 only starting from May 7, therefore til Aug 6th when my last statement came thru in the post its just less than 3 months....

I got this confirmation from the bank that until today, Aug 11 I still have sufficient funds cos I was scared they may say I have insufficient funds.

Starting from 07 may till 06 aug.. its a bit more than 90 days.. so you are ok!!! :D

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

dima wrote:
lilly09 wrote:I know starting from Apri 17 has no prob but thing is my funds were over 800 only starting from May 7, therefore til Aug 6th when my last statement came thru in the post its just less than 3 months....

Starting from 07 may till 06 aug.. its a bit more than 90 days.. so you are ok!!! :D
The guidance note clearly says 3 calendar months and not 90 days. May7 to Aug6 is exactly 3 calendar months
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tk79
Newly Registered

Post by tk79 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:32 am

you'll be fine, they will just look at the previous 3 months.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Luckly, you are in good position, don't worry;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 622#280622

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

push_hsmp wrote:The guidance note clearly says 3 calendar months and not 90 days. May7 to Aug6 is exactly 3 calendar months
You've used a confusing term there. The guidance notes say that:

that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate) covering the three month period before the date of application;

Additionally, the most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

So as long as the last available statement is less than one calendar month old, the period for which points are being claimed can be three rolling months.

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:The guidance note clearly says 3 calendar months and not 90 days. May7 to Aug6 is exactly 3 calendar months

that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate) covering the three month period before the date of application;

Additionally, the most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

So as long as the last available statement is less than one calendar month old, the period for which points are being claimed can be three rolling months.
Whats your point? Do I satisfy that condition or no?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:18 pm

lilly09 wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:

Whats your point? Do I satisfy that condition or no?
you are good to go mate...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:23 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:

The point I made was- HO counts maintenance funds period in terms of months i.e. 3 months and not days i.e. 90 days. Elsewhere in the Guidance note a month has been defined as a calendar month.

I dont know what confused you?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer