ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any news from CIC?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Any news from CIC?

Post by nina.roy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:41 pm

For all those who have submitted the requested documents to CIC within 90 or 120 days, have you heard anything from CIC yet?

Please share your experience... thanks...... :)

I am in the process of gathering documents to submit to CIC for PR in 1-2 months and I want to know 2 things:

[1] Does CIC call the employers to verify details?

[2] Funds required - My mother just sent me all the funds required to prove "Settlement Funds" - I deposited the money in my bank account. So when submitting supporting documents, do I need to show 1 months statment, or do they expect the funds to have been in my account from the initial date of application May 07?

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 am

1. CIC used to do random verifications. They used to verify documents of some people and it was random. but now they r verifying almost everyone's documents specially if u r from India, pakistan, srilanka, bangladesh.
once updated documents it used to take less time but now its taking ages. people who sent their updated documents in october r still waiting for medical request.

2. U r OK with ur bank statement.

Richter

Re: Any news from CIC?

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:57 am

nina.roy wrote:Funds required - My mother just sent me all the funds required to prove "Settlement Funds" - I deposited the money in my bank account. So when submitting supporting documents, do I need to show 1 months statment, or do they expect the funds to have been in my account from the initial date of application May 07?
You ae supposed to meet all the requirements when making your initial application, including proof of funds. An immigration officer recently said that they are quite within their rights to ask to see that this money was available to you when you applied, but in reality they like to see that (for 2007 applicants) it has been available to you for six months.

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Post by nina.roy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks a ton guys!! I've got my fingers crossed :)

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Post by nina.roy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Does anyone know how long does it take after you have submitted the requested documents for processing? I have been asked to submit all the documents within 120 days and I see that some people, in this similar situation, are waiting like 2-4 months after they have submited their docs..... strange... :?:

rickhodge
Newly Registered

processing times

Post by rickhodge » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm a basic vanilla SW applicant.
Applied Dec 06
Application acknowledged Apr 07
Request for docs Feb 09 (3 months given)
Docs submitted 01 May 09
Medical Report requested 20 Aug 09

n.b absolutely no other contacts/ acknowledgements and I still don't show on the online progress facility.
In summary, they don't tell you anything, but it's looking like it will take about 3 years altogether, which is better than the 3 1/2 years predicted by them, so no complaints.

Hope this helps.

anu_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by anu_in_uk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Hello Rick,

I applied for canada immigration in July 2007 and submitted all my documents in Aug 2009. I havent heard anything from the embassy yet.

I see you got a call for medical in aug 2009.

How long did it take after that?

Are you in Canada now?

Thanks
anu