ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are the likes of my application being approved?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lilly09

What are the likes of my application being approved?

Post by lilly09 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Hiya, was wondering for the lots of you who have been in a similar situation if you could please advise. I just finished my bachelors degree and I applied for tier 1 post-study work just today. I am still on my student visa (entry clearance) which expires in Nov. I submitted my original diploma, letter from university, bank statements (more than sufficient to maintain myself thats 800++) and passport. Total amount of points I've claimed is 95. I do not see why my app would be refused but I was wondering what are the likes of it being approved? Also what are the waiting times? I know it could take quite long for some people but whats the earliest I could possibly get a response. Cheers x

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:27 pm

If all your documents are in order, you can receive a reply in 2 weeks time as the earliest. However, it is also possible you could be forced to wait for more than 6 weeks in total, as it really depends on the case worker who deals with your case. It is difficult to say why some people get their responses quicker than others, but this is what actually happens all the time. So, try to enjoy during the next 2 weeks and only start waiting threafter.

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:19 pm

UKBA states that after 6 weeks you should check the progress of your application. The average time for straightforward applications seems to be 4-6 weeks, but at the same time some have taken months.

ash786
BANNED

Re: What are the likes of my application being approved?

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:52 pm

lilly09 wrote:Hiya, was wondering for the lots of you who have been in a similar situation if you could please advise. I just finished my bachelors degree and I applied for tier 1 post-study work just today. I am still on my student visa (entry clearance) which expires in Nov. I submitted my original diploma, letter from university, bank statements (more than sufficient to maintain myself thats 800++) and passport. Total amount of points I've claimed is 95. I do not see why my app would be refused but I was wondering what are the likes of it being approved? Also what are the waiting times? I know it could take quite long for some people but whats the earliest I could possibly get a response. Cheers x
1.U have submitted all the required documents but did u make sure that those documents (Special Attention) that PSW letter contains all the required as per the PSW guidence.
2. Did u study from a university or the college for the degree?
3. If u studied from a college then did u submit a letter from the university regarding the "DATE OF AWARD" attribute.
4. Did u make sure that u most recent statement was not more than 1 month old at the time of the application?