ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from IGS..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kysonj
Newly Registered

Switching from IGS..

Post by kysonj » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm

hi,
i have completed 6 months in my job.i fullfill all requirements for tier 2 work visa.But my psw application was rejected last week and i am in appeal process..During this process can i apply for tier 2 visa..Please advice..

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:20 pm

hello mate,

can you tell me what was the reason for u r rejection..is it because of maintainance?

kysonj
Newly Registered

Post by kysonj » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes i was rejected on maintainance of funds..i had enough balance just made application early.Should have waitid another 5 days everything would have been fine with me

ash786
BANNED

Re: Switching from IGS..

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:00 pm

kysonj wrote:hi,
i have completed 6 months in my job.i fullfill all requirements for tier 2 work visa.But my psw application was rejected last week and i am in appeal process..During this process can i apply for tier 2 visa..Please advice..
1. If u have submitted an appeal then u can not make a new application unless u withdraw the appeal.
2. U best option is to go with the appeal
3. All u need to do is to provide the missing period to cover the 3 months rule and u will win it.
4. The statement u provide can not be after the date of the application as u can not introduce new evidence but only where it is needed to cover the 3 months rule.
5. I wud not advise Tier 2 as its not just working for the employer for six months. There are so many other things u check. For example, u jib needs to be paid as per the "CODE OF PRACTICE".

ash786
BANNED

Re: Switching from IGS..

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 pm

ash786 wrote:
kysonj wrote:hi,
1. If u have submitted an appeal then u can not make a new application unless u withdraw the appeal.
2. U best option is to go with the appeal
3. All u need to do is to provide the missing period to cover the 3 months rule and u will win it.
4. The statement u provide can not be after the date of the application as u can not introduce new evidence but only where it is needed to cover the 3 months rule.
5. I wud not advise Tier 2 as its not just working for the employer for six months. There are so many other things u need to check. For example, u job needs to be paid as per the "CODE OF PRACTICE".