ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advise

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dost halepoto

Need Advise

Post by dost halepoto » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 am

I have applied for PSW in March 2009 but havent recieve visa so far. My student visa is expiring in the end of this month.
Is it possible to send new application to apply for extension for studen visa while my application with passport for PSW is pending with HO.
Please advise.
Thank you

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 am

As long as you have pending application in HO, your stay would be legal.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

dost halepoto

Post by dost halepoto » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:58 pm

hamid84 wrote:As long as you have pending application in HO, your stay would be legal.
Thank youfor advise but i need to be safe side in case of any refusal of my PSW. I think after refusal i can't apply for any visa except appeal, thats why i want to put new application for student extension while PSW in pending. Is it possible please commint.
Thank you

ukvisa2004

Re: Need Advise

Post by ukvisa2004 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:09 am

The answer to your question is "NO". You cannot apply for two different visas at the same time.

You need to ask yourself, will I get PSW or not? if the answer is No, withdraw your PSW application and apply for student extension visa. Remember it's gonna cost you.

But if you feel, your PSW will be rejected initially, but it will be granted after appeal, then in that case you should stick with your PSW application.

You have to either have 100% confident in PSW or student extension?
dost halepoto wrote:I have applied for PSW in March 2009 but havent recieve visa so far. My student visa is expiring in the end of this month.
Is it possible to send new application to apply for extension for studen visa while my application with passport for PSW is pending with HO.
Please advise.
Thank you

dost halepoto

Re: Need Advise

Post by dost halepoto » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Dear UKVISA,
Thanks for iformation, one more question.
In case of refusal and apeal of PSW, would it be possible to send fresh application for student visa, My student visa is also expiring now.

ukvisa2004 wrote:The answer to your question is "NO". You cannot apply for two different visas at the same time.

You need to ask yourself, will I get PSW or not? if the answer is No, withdraw your PSW application and apply for student extension visa. Remember it's gonna cost you.

But if you feel, your PSW will be rejected initially, but it will be granted after appeal, then in that case you should stick with your PSW application.

You have to either have 100% confident in PSW or student extension?
dost halepoto wrote:I have applied for PSW in March 2009 but havent recieve visa so far. My student visa is expiring in the end of this month.
Please advise.
Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 pm

See also applications and variation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 am

Hi

Yes you can not apply for two visa at the same time.Also to confirm this you know passport is a mandatory requirement for visa if you have already send passport how you would send passport for other visa.So answer is very clear NO.

But if your appeal is pending then you can make fresh application at the same time.So appeal and fresh application is possible.

Yes if you are refused PSW visa you can apply for student visa extension.

UK_Banned_Member