ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent Experiences on Naturalisation Process/Applications?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skiptonlad

Recent Experiences on Naturalisation Process/Applications?

Post by skiptonlad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:04 pm

I understand that it is very difficult to get appointments at the NCS centres.
Has anyone submitted applications in the last 6 weeks and if so, any success stories? What do you think is the turnaround time now for a straightforward application, please?
Last edited by skiptonlad on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:56 pm

Good post ... pointing out that NCS centres could get very busy this month.

If you really can't get an appointment and want to avoid the new Citizenship Test, it is of course always possible to post the application to Liverpool. However do note that the new requirement applies to all applications received by IND on or after 01.11.05. So absolutely essential to post so that it arrives no later than Monday 31st October.

In fact, treat as absolute deadline, post by Special Delivery no later than Friday 28th October, unless you are going to use an NCS service.

From this, given that NCS offices post applications to Liverpool, the last possible NCS appointment date to avoid the new test is on Friday 28th October.
John

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:15 am

Has anyone submitted applications in the last 6 weeks and if so, any success stories?
NCS Centre used : Wandsworth (by appointment)
Date Applied : Aug 20, '05

Application Fee debited from account : Aug 24, '05

Letter from HO acknowledging receipt of application : Aug 26, '05

Application approval letter from HO : Sep 9, '05

Regards

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Went to Haringey walk in NSC on 12 September. Note that walk-in service is no longer available there.

On 16 September, I received acknowledgment letter saying application and fees were received on 13 September.

I'm still waiting for the next step. :|

Joseph

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 pm

Joseph, I think we need to accept that IND in Liverpool are probably receiving well above average numbers of applications at the moment. And it will only get worse as we can closer to the end of October.

So I think absolutely no cause for worry or concern about the fact that it has already been over two weeks. But hopefully you will not need to wait much longer.
John

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:31 pm

got my passport today.. next step to apply for the IOC card

skiptonlad

Post by skiptonlad » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:55 pm

Joseph,
It would be great if you can update us of the progress once you get it..All the best to you.
Folks, any more updates / success stories?
SL

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:26 pm

skiptonlad, John and others,

Speak of the devil! I got my approval letter today! :D

All in all it took 20 days or about 14 working days. It may have delayed bacause of the pre-November rush, or because it was a family application with children. In any case 3 weeks is very fast and I'm not complaining. 8)

Joseph

yorkking

Post by yorkking » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:03 pm

Joseph,
Hearty congrats! Well done!
I am a real fan of this NCS. I think it is a great idea and works well for straightforward applications.
I have submitted my application today using NCS and shall start waiting now with fingers crossed!!!!!!!!
YK

yorkking

hi

Post by yorkking » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:20 pm

a friend was asking me yesterday
he has made more than 70 trips out of uk on business so far
he said that uk immigration stamps on the passport only on return, not on exit
he wanted to know how the absences declared are cross-cheked and verified??????
any thoughts?????????????
he has posted his appln in august end and still awaiting response
yj

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:31 am

They might have a number of ways to check, assuming they feel the need. For example, OK no exit stamp on leaving the UK, but an entry stamp in the country he is flying to? Also they quite possibly can obtain information from airlines if necessary.

Assuming your friend has completed the form honestly then he should have nothing to worry about. Also assuming of course that his total number of days outside the UK is not excessive.

He posted the application .... August is just two months ago and the IND website is still reporting that the average time to process naturalisation applications is over four months.
John

yorkking

hi john

Post by yorkking » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:12 am

hi,
thanks for the reply.
ya, all his visits are business related and his absence is well within the prescribed limits.
but , my point is, lookslike postal applns. take longer than NCS applications?
what do u think?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:20 am

my point is, lookslike postal applns. take longer than NCS applications?
Well let's put it this way, IND have never hidden that applications submitted via NCS are given priority. So clearly applications submitted via the postal route are not given the same priority.
John

yorkking

thanks, John...but

Post by yorkking » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:55 am

Whilst this case shows that postal appln. gets delayed, I thought I have read in a few sites that NCS 'is not a priority service'. I am not too sure that NCS appln. go thru a priority route....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:09 am

Having quickly checked I agree that IND do not use the word "priority" when talking about NCS. However they do say :-
Applications containing all necessary details can be dealt with more quickly than those that are incomplete and those using the service will be able to keep their passports rather than sending them to the Home Office.
In other words, the pre-vetting done at NCS offices ensures that only applications supported by all the right documents arrive at Liverpool where applications are processed, and thus such applications .... can be dealt with more quickly.

Indeed the evidence is abundantly clear from lots of postings on this Board .... applications submitted via NCS are dealt with much quicker than those sent using the postal route.
John

yorkking

Post by yorkking » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:36 am

I agree with you completely.
thanks