ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Lost by UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ahmed80

Passport Lost by UKBA

Post by Ahmed80 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi

I just received a call from Home Office that they have lost my passport. It was an internal transfer between 2 departments, the second department never received it.

They have asked me to get a new passport, if i want to travel and can issue me with an immigration status document.

Will they reimburse me for the passport fee and other visas I have to reapply for?

what is this immigration status document

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Passport Lost by UKBA

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:Hi

I just received a call from Home Office that they have lost my passport.
Will they reimburse me for the passport fee and other visas I have to reapply for?
You should have asked them this question when they called you! I do think it's possible to demand compensation for the lost passport and inconvenience of it all. Not too sure about the visa fees, though.