ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A question on tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evabeva

A question on tier 4 student visa

Post by evabeva » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Dear all

I was a student in UK and graduated form a UK university. After, I wanted to study a Master degree but for personal and financial reason couldnt do it. So, I came back to my country, and after a year I applied for a master. They accepted me for the course.
Now, I am aware that they brought new rules abt the visa. But I am not that clear on the criteria of getting the visa. I know how to get the 30 pnts (i.e university visa offer letter) but i do not seem to get the 10 points part.
Have got some questions:

1-I have got a brother in UK, who has been my financial sponsor all time (completing the degree whilst in UK)
can he be my sponsor for the master ? He is in UK and I am in my country.

if not, can my parents be my sponsor (they live in my country)?
or do I have to have a joint account with one of my parents? (which I can do that)

2- How much money do I have to have in my account? The course fee is abt 12 000 pounds. To get the visa (which is a year only) , do I have to show the whole amount ? If I do not have all the amount and university accepts payments by monthly instalments, can I show 50% , let's say, of the fee in the account?

and 3- The maintenance fund (I am studying out of London) is it a must?
Because i do not need to arrange accomodation. I am going to stay free at my brother's place for the whole year. Can he show evidence , like a letter of accomodation to the embassy that he is willing to provide accomodation to me and takes financial responsability for it?

If it is a must to be shown (the maintenance funds), does the amount have to be in my account? If it has to be in my account, how much do I need to show? (I will study out of london and one year master only)

I would really appreciate your help

many thanks
none

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:58 pm

u need 5400 pounds in ur account at the end of last date of ur statement no matter even if u provide 1 month statement but balance shud be 5400 pounds and also u need 2 pay the1st years uni fee and if uni of u have arranged accomodation privately u need 2 show it at the time of submitting ur application so they ll calculate and reduce it from the total amount u would need to require.also wait till 21st aug if u can,coz they r launching new rules regarding maintaines in the point base system and i think after that u can show ur parents bank statement as u was doing b4 and they cud be ur finncial sponsors.and if u can show joint account wid ur parents that wud be okay

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 pm

so no matter ,that my brother in UK is going to help me with accomodation, they still need the maintenance funds shown on my account?

I am going to study in UK for a master which costs 12 000 pounds and runs 12 mnths, do they need all the amount in my account in order to get the visa ?

What if I do not have all the amount at the time when I apply? Can I show 50% of the fee in the account?

Also abt the fees, can my brother pay from Uk straight to university some of the fees and I show this to the embassy?

please let me know

thanks
none

Mela

Post by Mela » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:14 pm

evabeva wrote:so no matter ,that my brother in UK is going to help me with accomodation, they still need the maintenance funds shown on my account?

I am going to study in UK for a master which costs 12 000 pounds and runs 12 mnths, do they need all the amount in my account in order to get the visa ?

What if I do not have all the amount at the time when I apply? Can I show 50% of the fee in the account?

Also abt the fees, can my brother pay from Uk straight to university some of the fees and I show this to the embassy?

please let me know

thanks
please refer to the tier 4 guidance; it clearly outlines all the regulations...
i'm afraid there are no exeptions made for people who have relatives, friends who can accomodate them and you have to follow the general rules...
yes, you still need to have all the funds required shown on your account, including full course fee..
if your brother pays some of the fees to the Uni, the amount of money paid must be clearely stated on your visa letter.

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:42 pm

so briefly I need to have the whole amount of 12000 pounds fees for the 12 mnths + 5400 for maintenance in my bank account before I apply for the visa

thanks mela
none

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:09 pm

the ho has made some changes for maintainance saying that the amount can be in the accounts of parents. pls confirm it from the ho website.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

wait wrote:u need 5400 pounds in ur account at the end of last date of ur statement no matter even if u provide 1 month statement but balance shud be 5400 pounds and also u need 2 pay the1st years uni fee and if uni of u have arranged accomodation privately u need 2 show it at the time of submitting ur application so they ll calculate and reduce it from the total amount u would need to require.also wait till 21st aug if u can,coz they r launching new rules regarding maintaines in the point base system and i think after that u can show ur parents bank statement as u was doing b4 and they cud be ur finncial sponsors.and if u can show joint account wid ur parents that wud be okay
sorry i did not read this earlier my appologies

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:33 am

The answer is "Yes".

FYI, you can show part money in bank and some loan.
evabeva wrote:so briefly I need to have the whole amount of 12000 pounds fees for the 12 mnths + 5400 for maintenance in my bank account before I apply for the visa

thanks mela

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm

ukvisa2004 wrote:The answer is "Yes".

FYI, you can show part money in bank and some loan.
evabeva wrote:so briefly I need to have the whole amount of 12000 pounds fees for the 12 mnths + 5400 for maintenance in my bank account before I apply for the visa

thanks mela
thanks all for taking time to answer

So basically my visa will be refused if I don't show on my parent's bank statement the fees for the whole year, (just to remind i will be studying master) and the maintenance fund of 5400 pounds? should be all together?
If I show only 10.000 lets say and tell them that later i will have the rest of the money, they won't accept it right?

many thanks if someone replies
none

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:32 pm

forgot to say that on the visa letter i received from the uni , they said they dont require student to pay part of fees in advance on arrival.
none

arshadh141
BANNED

Post by arshadh141 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:36 pm

evabeva wrote:forgot to say that on the visa letter i received from the uni , they said they dont require student to pay part of fees in advance on arrival.
Hi

Answer is very simple.

You need £5400(9@£600) for maintenance + 1 year fee(£12000)

SO in total you need £17400 pounds

You can subtract accommodation fee paid plus any already fee paid.

And you need one year complete fee.

You can give yours or your parents bank statements as evidence.

Here is link for Tier 4 Guideline.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... idance.pdf

Also read from home office web site

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyi ... nts/money/

UK_Banned_Member

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:14 am

arshadh141

thank you very much. I am clear on this matter now.

p.s it has to be £5400 as I will be studying in Birmingham (out of London)
none

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

evabeva wrote:arshadh141

thank you very much. I am clear on this matter now.

p.s it has to be £5400 as I will be studying in Birmingham (out of London)
Hi

Yes It has to be £5400 plus one year fee.

UK_Banned_Member