ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combination of private+official assignment tour BUT >90 d

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Combination of private+official assignment tour BUT >90 d

Post by MUGHALL » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Regards to all
Can some one comment and advise what to do with applying for my ILR whereby I had an absence from UK in a combination of private+official assignment tour, altogather for 128 days in a single leg?
It was 5 weeks for private and the remaining periods relating to the office work. I left UK on 3rd of July 2007 and returned back on 8th of Nov 2007. I have completed 5 years legal stay on HSMP in UK last month. Further I have proof for the Air Ticket paid by my office.
Is it poosible for me to qualify for the ILR as my absence altogather is more than 90 days, although it is in a combination but in a single leg?

All Forums Members prestigious suggestions are welcomed

Regards once again
Mughall

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Read somewhere that HO is OK with the travel that you make out of the country if it is BUSINESS related.. you just need to show the required evidences like letter/travel tickets to support that.. do wait for more info on this.. cheers

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 pm

It would also help if your employer could provide you a letter stating you were sent out on work for the period you are claiming. Make sure this is on company letter head.

It would also help your case if you can produce payslips for the period which proves you were still employed by them at that time and were paid your salary here in the UK.

All the best.

salars

Hello

Post by salars » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:25 am

Hiya
Any luck on ur case?
Cheers
S

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Post by MUGHALL » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi Salars
Many many congratulations on getting ILR Status and thanks for inquiring. At the moment, I have booked In-Person appointment at Glasgow PEO in the third week of January 2010.
I had a break of 128 days in a single stretch (4 months & 4 days total in 4 years), in 2007. This absence was a combination of private and official assignment. Your experience can greatly help grant me & others ILR as well. Would you please elaborate what series of questions and checks you have been gone through for the sake of others to know about. How did Home Office count your absence? What about discounting weekends and local holidays to calculate absence priod as some of respected forum members got their ILRs similar way? I have only one absence of 128 days (including 2 days of air travel) as mentioned which is below 180 days during 4 years based on HSMP JR. I hope you will guide how to prove this absence to be considered for successful ILR.

Thanks & Regards

Mughal

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:02 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Read somewhere that HO is OK with the travel that you make out of the country if it is BUSINESS related.. you just need to show the required evidences like letter/travel tickets to support that.. do wait for more info on this.. cheers
what u mean by travel tickets ?

if its not been paid by company ? should i keep it as well ?