ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work more than 20hours

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pswseeker
Newly Registered

work more than 20hours

Post by pswseeker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi guys
if you are going to apply for PSW, does it any matter if you work more than 20hours during the term time? I did but that was before march 2009. I am going to apply for PSW now. so that means I did almost 6months ago.
please help me...
thanks

shakil

ash786
BANNED

Re: work more than 20hours

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 am

pswseeker wrote:Hi guys
if you are going to apply for PSW, does it any matter if you work more than 20hours during the term time? I did but that was before march 2009. I am going to apply for PSW now. so that means I did almost 6months ago.
please help me...
thanks

shakil
1. If the caseworker wants to check that and finds out then yes its a problem and u wud say no on the PSW form regarding this question as u wud not say that u contray u work conditions.
2. If caseworker rings u company and checks it and u company says yes u did work more than 20 Hours
3. The caseworker might notice that in u bank (if u were paid by bacs) statements the payments during u term time are reletaviely higher than expected.
4. HO has assess to all HMRC data regarding all the PAYE and NI contributions
5. Does not make any difference u worked before march or after.

So really depends on the caseworker.

pswseeker
Newly Registered

Post by pswseeker » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 am

thanks a lot ash......

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 am

Yes, this could be a problem since, effectively, you breached the student visa conditions. HOwever, in the application form you don't have to diclose this fact anywhere, you also don't have to attach any of your payslips or specify you actually work. But if you are still employed and receive salary payments on your account, the case worker may be willing to check that out. SO, yes, it depends on the case worker.

But there is another problem as well. Did you notify the HO every time you changed your place of study? If you didn't, it may also be in breach with your visa conditions. Anyway, it is not required, but would be nice if you attach a cover letter together with your application and explain in detail your personal circumstances. At least the case worker would be acting in the light of full understanding of your case.

nil75

Post by nil75 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

dont worry about hours, pray to God and file application, definately you will get visa, dont listen any negitive feedback of others..

pswseeker
Newly Registered

Post by pswseeker » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am

thank u sooooooooooooooo much nil

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:08 pm

nil75 wrote:dont worry about hours, pray to God and file application, definately you will get visa, dont listen any negitive feedback of others..
U need to grow up ma8 as how come u called our threads as negative feedback.

1. I disclosed all the facts as he breached his visa conditions
2. I also mentioned that it depends on the caseworker
3. I outlined all the possible facts of the situation.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:10 pm

pswseeker wrote:thank u sooooooooooooooo much nil
I think that u shud know that "Nil" is not going to be u caseworker so just pray that caseworker does not start any inquries.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:17 pm

vinata wrote:Yes, this could be a problem since, effectively, you breached the student visa conditions. HOwever, in the application form you don't have to diclose this fact anywhere, you also don't have to attach any of your payslips or specify you actually work. But if you are still employed and receive salary payments on your account, the case worker may be willing to check that out. SO, yes, it depends on the case worker.

But there is another problem as well. Did you notify the HO every time you changed your place of study? If you didn't, it may also be in breach with your visa conditions. Anyway, it is not required, but would be nice if you attach a cover letter together with your application and explain in detail your personal circumstances. At least the case worker would be acting in the light of full understanding of your case.
The answer u posted is confusing in the following way,

1. The question D28 on the PSW form ask the applicant if he has worked more than the hours as per his visa conditions (Althouh he will say no anyway but if HO finds out then it will be seen as deception)
2. Under the old rules, u do not hav to notify the HO about changing the institutions and it wud not be a breach of any visa conditions and it wud only applies to the new TIER 4 visas.