ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tinibee
Newly Registered

Immigration

Post by Tinibee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:45 am

Hi
Last edited by Tinibee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 am

Yes it is Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) that you should be applying for provided your husband has passed the Life in the UK test by the time he applies. My husband is also Albanian. He got his spouse visa from March 2007 to March 2009 and then he got ILR in March this year.

If by the time he is eligible to apply your husband has not passed the test, he should apply for Further Leave to Remain to extend his visa and buy him some more time to pass the Life in the UK Test. Beware though that the Borders, Citizen and Immigration Bill 2009 has just been made an Act of Law which changes the rules somewhat - I am not sure how this affects those such as your husband that can apply for ILR next year. I have been worried enough about this new Act coming into force and preventing my husband from getting British Citizenship in March next year. There is quite a lengthy discussion on this board about the Bill/Act though if you wanted to check it out to see if there is an answer about how your husband's situation is affected by it.