ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

queries in SET(o) form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first_sur1
Newly Registered

queries in SET(o) form

Post by first_sur1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I have 2 questions while filling the application form:

1. I came to UK on dependent visa on 24 June 2004, then got my own work permit on 13 oct 2004. what should i fill
When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the
date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay
on which this application is based.

2. I live in rented accomodation, also I have purchased a house for which I pay mortgage and which is rented, what should i fill in 6.1
Is your
home in
the UK
owned by you or rented by you
Should I mention about the mortgage house or not , will it create any complication for me

3. What should be filled in Home Office reference

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi first_sur1,
Your first question
I had exactly same question and i sent an email to home office
I came to UK as a student in Sept 2003.I got a work permit in Sept 2004.I am applying for ILR this month based on a 5 year work permit stay(Sept 2004 to Sept 2009). I am using SET(o) Form .I need help answering one question , which is first question in section 6 i-e

6 . 1
When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

What should i write , sept 2003 or sept 2004 ?
Their answer was
Thank you for your enquiry.

You need to state the date in which your making the application for the ILR, which should be when you received the grant of leave although the question is not worded correctly and then enclose a covering letter explaining this further.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency
Second question
Explain that in covering letter

Third question , i think , would be not applicable ( as far as i understand thats only for long residence applications, i might be wrong though )

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:24 pm

interesting reply you got there about the first date of entry. I wonder if on the next revision of the forms they will have worded it better.

1/ I think in OP's case it is the date when they stamped your FLR in your passport when you changed to WP.

2/ I suppose your 'home' is really were you live. So the correct answer to that question would be rented.

3/ Check on any HO documentation that they have sent to you in the past e.g when you changed to WP, there maybe a reference number there on the letter. Otherwise leave blank

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 am

f2k , I need some help
I am applying for ILR based on 5 year WP. Can my wife apply with me as my dependent on SET(o) though she has been in UK for 1 year only ? Is the 2 year requirement for dependents who are applying independently using SET(M)? Please reply !

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:05 pm

rashdish

Are you WP or Tier 2 Migrant.

I think if you are WP then no your wife doesnt need the 2 years

196D to 196F

Otherwise if Tier 2 migrant check

319E

dreams
Newly Registered

SET (O) Question 7

Post by dreams » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 am

Hi, I am going through a divorce and there are many cases in the court including an Injunction order/Non-Molestation order; I sent a general sms to wish Happy Ramadan to all including my soon to be ex but unfortunately that was considered breaching the court order and I had to go to the Police station, I was charged for breaching the court order but allowed to go home and would appear in the Magistrate court in few days to go through the formal hearing.
I will be submitting form SET (O) for my ILR (5 years on work permit). How should I complete question 7 of the form? I am not sure if I am supposed to mention the above cases or they are family matters and shouldn’t be mentioned in this form.
If, I am supposed to mention these – would it affect me getting the ILR?
Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.