ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about the maintenance requirement for dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Question about the maintenance requirement for dependant

Post by lokoeasy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Good day to all, I am planning to submit my aplication for extension of my student permit together with my wife and going through the PBS dependant guidance,there is a part that says for a tier 4 applicant making an application for extension of stay,the dependant just need to show the maintenace fund for two months if the main applicant (student) has been studying in the last for month before making the application WHILE on the tier4(general student) guidance ,it says the maintenace fund for dependant is nine months if the course the main applicant is taken is more than six months.Please i am a bit confuse as to which of the two version applies and would want clarification from informed members.Thanks

ukvisa2004

Re: Question about the maintenance requirement for dependant

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 pm

The PBS application form is not very clear but guidance is.

However, depend on the status of the individual, a student dependent needs to show maintenance for one month to max. 9 months (depending that you dependent will stay for one month to full duration of your course)

Since you are currently extending your visa as a student to finish the course, you only need to show maintenance for TWO MONTHS.
lokoeasy wrote:Good day to all, I am planning to submit my aplication for extension of my student permit together with my wife and going through the PBS dependant guidance,there is a part that says for a tier 4 applicant making an application for extension of stay,the dependant just need to show the maintenace fund for two months if the main applicant (student) has been studying in the last for month before making the application WHILE on the tier4(general student) guidance ,it says the maintenace fund for dependant is nine months if the course the main applicant is taken is more than six months.Please i am a bit confuse as to which of the two version applies and would want clarification from informed members.Thanks

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Post by lokoeasy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:54 pm

more opinion,please