ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WAITING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW RESULT FOR 2.5 MONTHS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hanna

WAITING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW RESULT FOR 2.5 MONTHS

Post by hanna » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi all,please help.i applied for my student visa outside of the UK.they refused on the basis that my visa letter was invalid.when checked my visa letter the only mistake was found was one word was missing-general-instead of general student visa they(my college in the uk) wrote student visa.i applied for the Administrative review.it should have taken 28 days but i have been waiting for over 2.5 months.I sent a complaint to my British Embassy in Ukraine,Kiev,but still they said -have to wait nothing can be done.i am so angry.do not want to give up as i have gone so far already and still have a hope that they may overturn their decision.i was expecting to get a result in July so in case of the refusal I would send a fresh application form,but now August is coming to the end and still no news regarding my visa.Has anyone been in similar situation,please help,want to complain to the British Queen or otherwise do not know what to do.

ukvisa2004

Re: WAITING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW RESULT FOR 2.5 MONTHS

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I personally dont think that your visa was rejected because of the word "general". I might be wrong. This is purely my personal opinion. Can you please put you visa letter in this forum (I mean type it as it is in "quotes") so someone can help you with that.

Also, type what EXACTLY was written in the rejection letter. Both you visa letter and rejection letter will help will ascertain as to why was your visa rejected and how someone can help (advice) you.

Apart from that is it possible for you to apply for fresh application. If you get results in you favour in REVIEW, you will get your money back for the fresh application (AFAIK).
hanna wrote:Hi all,please help.i applied for my student visa outside of the UK.they refused on the basis that my visa letter was invalid.when checked my visa letter the only mistake was found was one word was missing-general-instead of general student visa they(my college in the uk) wrote student visa.i applied for the Administrative review.it should have taken 28 days but i have been waiting for over 2.5 months.I sent a complaint to my British Embassy in Ukraine,Kiev,but still they said -have to wait nothing can be done.i am so angry.do not want to give up as i have gone so far already and still have a hope that they may overturn their decision.i was expecting to get a result in July so in case of the refusal I would send a fresh application form,but now August is coming to the end and still no news regarding my visa.Has anyone been in similar situation,please help,want to complain to the British Queen or otherwise do not know what to do.

saagoo_11
Newly Registered

Post by saagoo_11 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 am

hey.. was it under new point based system..?? TIER4 ????
if so then it shud have been settlet by now, i guess...!! u got some uk based solicitors or lawyers in ur city. ?? take their opinion..!!