ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending VISA before 6 Months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eashkuma4
India

Extending VISA before 6 Months

Post by eashkuma4 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 am

Dear Freinds,

can any one please guide me whether I can extend my Current HSMP Visa under Tier 1 general Extension of applications before 6 months of Visa Expiry Date?

My current Visa gets expired in Jan 2010 how ever I would like to extend it now as I am planning to shift my job however these days every one prefers to employ atleast 12 months visa validity holders and because of this I would like to go for an extension now.

can any one please let me know is it OK to extend now? or should I wait until 1 month before?

at the same time, kindly let me know whether I have to submit my certificates again and also prove my English language skills?

Many thanks for your guidance.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 am

This topic has been discussed many times in the past. Please search through the forum and you will get your answer.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Check this THREAD

micky1579
Newly Registered

Post by micky1579 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi,

I have a similar problem. My current HSMP expires in March 2010 but I have visibility of my current assignment in UK only till October 2009 after which I may have to go to India (if there are no more assignments in UK in my current company and I do not want to shift job). Because of this uncertainty, It will be quite difficult for me to apply for HSMP renewal after that time and so I would like to get it renewed now itself.

I am not sure if HO will allow me for the same and is the above reason justifiable?

Another thing to note is that if I apply before November I get 20 points for Age (Under 30 category) but if i apply after November, I get 10 points (30 or above category). Even with 10 points I am meeting the 75 point requirement.

As per the guideline I should apply 28 days before current visa expiry (sometimes in Feb 2010) and so HO can tell me that I am gaining 10 points extra by applying earlier (Though as explained above, this is not the reason of me applying early). Will it be a big problem if I try to apply now?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:27 pm

micky1579 wrote:Hi,

I have a similar problem. My current HSMP expires in March 2010 but I have visibility of my current assignment in UK only till October 2009 after which I may have to go to India (if there are no more assignments in UK in my current company and I do not want to shift job). Because of this uncertainty, It will be quite difficult for me to apply for HSMP renewal after that time and so I would like to get it renewed now itself.

I am not sure if HO will allow me for the same and is the above reason justifiable?

Another thing to note is that if I apply before November I get 20 points for Age (Under 30 category) but if i apply after November, I get 10 points (30 or above category). Even with 10 points I am meeting the 75 point requirement.

As per the guideline I should apply 28 days before current visa expiry (sometimes in Feb 2010) and so HO can tell me that I am gaining 10 points extra by applying earlier (Though as explained above, this is not the reason of me applying early). Will it be a big problem if I try to apply now?
If you search this forum there are many instances where people applied for early extensiona and received it too. Once such link is provided by tvn_ramesh above. This is one of the most discussed topic in the forum. I am confident you will get some positive precedence here. Reply to similar question is also in this thread.