ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone applied before the 28 days allowance for the ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekR

Has anyone applied before the 28 days allowance for the ILR?

Post by vivekR » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:50 am

Hi All,

Has anyone applied for their ILR before the 28 days allowance. Given the queue at the HO and the work load, I am wondering if we can send the docs about 10 days earlier, such that when it does get seen by the Case worker, it will be withing the 28 days allowance.

Question is - Does the payment get dedducted after checking these timelines?

rgds
vR

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 pm

The day they receive the application is the application date and it must not be more than 28days. Therefore you could post suppose 29days before max.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:14 pm

vivekR,

Why in a rush having waited all these years and when it is just days to your appointed time, you want to now speed up the process in your favour?

I think the rule is clear enough, 28 days or less, you get your ILR. You applied before then or greater than 28 days, your application gets rejected and returned. You may not even be lucky if your money is deducted before they realised you have applied earlier than expected, I cannot imagine what your metabolism reactons would be then, :lol:

Just cool it down and applied at the right time and everybody is happy afterwards. Hope this is clear enough?

Cheers!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Remember it's 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the 1st date of entry into the UK (not visa issue date) if this a straight ILR spouse application following the initial 2 year visa.
It will be rejected if you submit the application earlier than the qualifying date. Why not apply in person?

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Has anyone applied before the 28 days allowance for the

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

vivekR wrote:Hi All,

Has anyone applied for their ILR before the 28 days allowance. Given the queue at the HO and the work load, I am wondering if we can send the docs about 10 days earlier, such that when it does get seen by the Case worker, it will be withing the 28 days allowance.

Question is - Does the payment get dedducted after checking these timelines?

rgds
vR
Best to just apply once you have you 28 or less days to go to your first entry into the UK. This will save you money and time too. The last thing you want is for the docs to be returned to you (which might take a while) and then resend them

vivekR

ILR

Post by vivekR » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks for your replies. I love this forum.
The reason was to apply asap to mimise the time between my redundancy (last date is 28/08 ) and the ILR application 5th Oct. I have more than sufficient savings to show for comfort. But what the account will not show is an income.

So I thought if I applied by the end of Sept, I could avoid any undues questioning. But well hey thats life! Hopefully should be able to get along.

Amazing times! With all the qualifications and good experience level, it all had to come to this just weeks before ILR.

thanks to all anyways.

rgds
vR
Last edited by vivekR on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 pm

are you on workpermit or HSMP/TIER1. of late they have been processing the ILR applications for JR affected people very quickly (based on posting on this forum) not sure what the going rate for other categories.

vivekR

ILR

Post by vivekR » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi f2k,

I was on WP from Nov 04 until July 09. Then applied for Tier 1 basis of my MBA. So the JR does not apply. When I had option of changing over, I did not do so thinking I was saving money! But in hindsight could have been cheaper and could have even benefitted from JR. But thats why they cal it hing sight, eh? :wink:

rgds
vR