ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Sideshow/Capetown thanks for the update..There is a hint of light at the end of the tunnel, fingers cross.
Hope it's not the headlight of an approaching train!

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

strongbow wrote:
Sideshow/Capetown thanks for the update..There is a hint of light at the end of the tunnel, fingers cross.
Hope it's not the headlight of an approaching train!
It's probably our friend Dermot with a flashlight, trying to find his way.

mazar

MY Naturlisaion application ignored35 months no result

Post by mazar » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:23 pm

[/b]our naturlisation application as human being in this 21 century ignored and Discriminated,by INIS,over 35 month no result,please complain to Eu commission,its not mean you wil get quick result.how the INIS Discriminated immigrant Naturlisation Application,why the dep of Justice give the job to rasest person,to play with our life,atleast we need quick result,if they give or not,try to get signed by atleast 20 people and fax it to EU faxmail. as i try to do the same,,,,European Union Anti-Discrimination Policy:
FROM EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES BETWEEN
WOMEN AND MEN TO COMBATING beloved
Directorate-General for Research
Working document
Public Liberties Series
LIBE 102 EN
1. beloved and the European Union

Non-discrimination is a fundamental principle of the EC legal order. The European Court of Justice (ECJ) has articulated the underlying logic: "similar situations shall not be treated differently unless differentiation is objectively justified". (1) Notwithstanding the centrality of the principle of non-discrimination in the EC legal order, the Community has concentrated its equal opportunities policy on discrimination between women and men. The principle of sexual equality as encapsulated in Article 119 (equal pay between women and men) has been progressively consolidated and expanded upon; a variety of secondary legislation has sought to produce a comprehensive right to non-discrimination in the workplace between women and men. (2) Yet the role of the EU in combating other forms of discrimination remains much more ambiguous, not least in relation to facial discrimination. Despite numerous resolutions, reports and recommendations, the EU has yet to adopt any binding legislation in this sphere. The absence of any protective legislation has been a matter of some controversy in the past decade. The European Parliament has repeatedly requested that the Council of Ministers enact new anti-discrimination legislation covering facial discrimination, but the Council has demonstrated great reluctance to accede to these demands. Rather the emphasis has been on non-binding agreements exhorting national governments to take further action against beloved.

This paper will provide a brief overview of policy action by the EU to date, and a consideration of how effective these measures have been. The second part of the paper turns to future developments. The Amsterdam Treaty provides the EU with the power to adopt binding legislation on, inter alia, facial discrimination. However, as the paper will detail, there are a number of unresolved questions concerning the content of any future anti-discrimination legislation. These revolve around three themes: the scope of any new legislation; the procedures established therein to challenge and remedy discrimination; and measures to combat institutionalised forms of discrimination. Part III starts from the premise that whilst anti-discrimination legislation at the EU level is a necessary element to the fight against beloved, it will not, on its own, be sufficient. Action must also be taken to ensure that equal opportunities for ethnic minorities are promoted through non-legislative means, such as media and educational initiatives. Building on the experience in sexual equality, the paper also argues that the EU must scrutinise its own actions for latent discrimination, and must ensure that all areas of EU policy are consistent with the goal of non-discrimination. This is particularly relevant to immigration,,,

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Re: MY Naturlisaion application ignored35 months no result

Post by Cofimvaba » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Mazar, please be patient, your application will come through. There's absolutely nothing else you can do but be patient. We are all in same boat, and those who have got theirs are hoping that u will get yours. Please be patient

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 am

Cofimvaba wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
nanette wrote:Called today after 30 minutes, I got a WFOA. Nice lady though...

I think all the 2007 files are on hold...

Anyhow, enjoy life.

Nana
That's what I think too. At least it looks like they are clearing the 06 backlog which is only fair. That gives us 07 croud some hope then. The only thing is, they should remove that "23 months average processing time" rubish off their website. It's misleading.
Has Anyone ever phoned the INIS and got told that their application has been approved?!
Am one of the 2006 applicants, I applied in May
Hi everyone,

I applied in July 2006 and got the approval in May 2009. I did my court appearence in June. ( There is 4 weeks waiting queue for the Dublin applicants in Civil Court.) After taking my oath, I paid for the fee of 950 euro and applied for the cert and got my cert in July finally :). This one took about 4 weeks. Then I applied for the passport and after 2 weeks, I received my passport this week. So it took me exactly 3 years to get my passport. My brother has the similar timeline. He applied 1 month after me and we got it nearly at the same time.

In my opinion, if there was no backlog, this procedure could be completed in 1 year at the most as follows: ( provided that there is no delay in posting etc.)

3 months initial INIS document check,
3 months Garda check,
3 months Social Welfare/TAX office check,
1 month Minister approval,
1 month Court Appointment,
1 month Cert printing,
2 weeks Passport
-----
12.5 months

But there is a backlog from 2006/2007 and 2008 and now 2009 applications are also being made on the top of it obviously.

Any queries, let me know.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm also one of the 06'ers. As I indicated a couple of weeks ago, I sent a letter to the ICI and I was not expecting much really. I also sent a couple of letters to my TD over the course of this and last year and believe it or not he is actually giving the same standard replies as the INIS of the likes of "There is a limit to reduce the waiting time .. " blah blah .. anyway .. I think at this stage and I agree with other members of the forum .. the best thing is to sit tight and wait .. I came to the conclusion that nothing really is going to change the INIS's mind as far as the waiting time is concerned at this stage for 06'ers ..

A question for the folks who received their approval letter. Is there a time limit from when you receive your approval form until you return the approval form back to the INIS?..I'm a bit worried that I could be on holidays for 3 weeks and if my an approval letter ever arrives I could be in trouble .. your help is much appreciated. Good luck to us all!

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:57 pm

A question for the folks who received their approval letter. Is there a time limit from when you receive your approval form until you return the approval form back to the INIS?..I'm a bit worried that I could be on holidays for 3 weeks and if my an approval letter ever arrives I could be in trouble .. your help is much appreciated. Good luck to us all![/quote]

No, there is no time limit and to reassure you, your holiday for 3 weeks will not affect your naturalisation procedure in any way. Delay in returning the documents has not caused any problems in the naturalisation process for others who waited for months for a court appointment. As from my personal experience, I had received my approval letter in the UK after 3 weeks from the issue of the letter (postal diverting service), and managed to have my court appointment after a further 2 weeks, this made it a total of 5 weeks before the return of the documents. The naturalisation cert was issued 1 month later. Good luck to you.

Nehro

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:23 am

Thanks for your elaborate answer, Nehro. Hopefully all goes well.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Congratulations to ashimashi and the other perople who have recently received your approvals! Well done and enjoy!!

I received my approval at the end of May and I know how it feels... However, I'm still waiting for my court appointment, which will take place in September... Nearly there...

By the way, does anybody remember what documents I should bring to the court appointment? When I made the appointment they told me but it's been so long I have forgotten already....

This is the stuff I remember I should bring:
* The whole documentation sent by INIS with the approval letter (the yellow sheet, the letter itself, etc.)
* My GNIB card

Should I also bring my passport? What about birth certificates and stuff like that? Any utility bills I should bring?

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks,
LP

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Luaspassenger, i don't think that you need your GNIB card. Just approval letter, yellow sheet and your ID (passport). no birth certs are needed. It will just take a few minutes. you can fill in the form before your court appointment, but make sure NOT to sign it until you are being watched by the judge. you can practise by reading the text on the yellow sheet, as you will have to read it in front of the judge. best of luck.

capetown
Newly Registered

Post by capetown » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:54 pm

agniukas wrote:Luaspassenger, i don't think that you need your GNIB card. Just approval letter, yellow sheet and your ID (passport). no birth certs are needed. It will just take a few minutes. you can fill in the form before your court appointment, but make sure NOT to sign it until you are being watched by the judge. you can practise by reading the text on the yellow sheet, as you will have to read it in front of the judge. best of luck.
I was told that I will need 4 things:

1. The (white) approval letter.
2. The (yellow) declaration form.
3. GNIB card.
4. Some form of photo identification, such as driver's license or passport.

I'll only be able to verify for sure when my day in court arrives - in early February - another wait of (almost) 6 months... *sigh*

The entire process shouldn't take as long as 6 months! By the time I have my passport in hand it will have been close to 4 years from the date I applied... and I will have paid 950 EURO for such a shoddy "service".

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Guys,

Another question..Do you think a change of address after the Garda and Social Welfare checks were done can further delay whatever they call "final processing stage"?. I'm thinking of moving to a new apartment and I'm not sure if the INIS will try to redo any of their checks as a result or rather try to do any new checks. Anyone was in a similar situation?

My timeline is as follows:
Applied June 06
Docs requested and sent Sep 08
Contacted INIS recently and they informed me that my application is in the "final processing stage" whatever that means .. at least it doesn't mean WFOA but it doesn't also mean it'll be submitted to the minister any time soon .. who knows!

Thanks for all the help.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:10 am

Hi LP,
You will need the following as you listed :
1. The (white) approval letter.
2. The (yellow) declaration form.
3. GNIB card ( <-------This was never checked, take it along just in case )
4. Some form of photo identification, such as driver's license or passport.( I took me NON-EEA passport)

And DONT sign the yellow form.(You may fill in your Name and Address but sign it only in front of Judge when Asked for)

AND [b] malcomrx [/b], i believe checks for Social welfare and taxes are tied to PPS number. I have changed me address twice when me application was being processed. Just kept address with INIS upto date.

Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks for the info guys!!!

I'll bring those documents then. I think I won't touch the yellow sheet until I'm there.

By the way, my appointment is at 9:30... Do you think it might be better to arrive there earlier? I'm just remembering the GNIB queues, but probably this is not the same.... I'll be taking my oath in Dolphin House.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi LP,
Go in advance :P .. Atleast 30 minutes before. I dont know how it works in Dublin. I live in country side and had to go to county district court. And all proceedings (naturalisation, other cases, etc....) go in same queue. Since i went bit early, i was First in First out :)

Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for the advice tiggs. I'll be there before 9 then! :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

High rejection rate for citizenship applications

Post by Aceform » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:30 pm

zzz

Re: High rejection rate for citizenship applications

Post by zzz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

aah, I love statistics ...
2,795 applications were refused or deemed ineligible.
highlighted does not mean refusal - those are where people either had not have 60 month of GNIB stamps or had statutory form incorrectly signed or some other mistakes in their app.

from INIS:
HALF of all applications received are currently being returned to applicants for further attention as they do not contain all of the required supporting documentation or are not completed correctly.
David had a full licence but was unaware that his wife’s insurance did not cover him. He was fined €100 and had his licence endorsed.
driving without insurance is a serious offense ("was unaware" is simply a joke)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 am

Any 2007 updates.....?
I stopped calling ages.

Nana

yelims

Post by yelims » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 pm

well still waiting here :cry:

37th month now

:shock:

cnu

Post by cnu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Hiyya,

Does anyone know of someone who got rejected recently? If so, what are their next plan - I mean still continue to stay or find greener pastures?

thanks

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Did you get rejected?

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

not yet :)

crown

Post by crown » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 pm

cnu wrote:not yet :)
Is anyone ever rejected?
I thought we are all on the queue and be given eventually
Please someone who knows better should clarify

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:21 am

nanette wrote:Any 2007 updates.....?
I stopped calling ages.

Nana
Latest news from a russian forum in ireland:
it's a wave of approvals for those who submitted in 2006.
a girl got approval submitting in oct 2007.

all ordinary cases (non refugees, non spouses etc)