ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help regarding Uk spouse visa from Dublin Irreland

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mono786
Newly Registered

Need help regarding Uk spouse visa from Dublin Irreland

Post by mono786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello everybody !!

I would like to introduce myself I am UK citizen living in Dublin Ireland since last august 2008 with my husband. In the month of june he got his EUfam stamp 4 visa for 5 year. He is working full time here for last 5 year in dublin.As I am here in dublin since August 2008. I am also working nearly 25 hours every week. My Baby was also born here in dublin Ireland. I recently finish my maternity leave and I am working again nearly 20 to 25 hours a week.
Before coming to Ireland I was working full time in London.

somebody told me that I have two option for my husband to apply Uk visa.
1) Eu Route 2) Uk national route.
My question is that..

If my husband go through Uk national route.What I have to do? I mean do I have to go Uk ? and then find the job and then I can sponsor my husband ? Or Is there any other way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi ,

Here is the Guidance on how to apply for a Spousal Visa and the requirements, See also information on Maintenance and accommodation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mono786
Newly Registered

Need help regarding uk spouse visa

Post by mono786 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks very much Obie for urs reply.But still I am confused and again my question is that..Do i need to go UK and then sponsor my husband for spouse visa or On the basis that I am working here in dublin me n my husband. Can I sponsor him while remaing in Dublin ?

If anybody has some experience, advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Eu route is much cheaper! Actually free.....and yes you can apply from Dublin I know a friend that did this without actually being in the UK....!
You have to applly for a Family permit...have a look at the UKBA page regarding family permits. What is your attention do you just want to visit the UK or move there permanently?

mono786
Newly Registered

Need help regarding Uk spouse visa

Post by mono786 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks ciaramc for urs reply,
I wanted to settle down in Uk not the visit visa, and I dont want to use EU route I would like to use UK national route so in that case do my wife has to be in uk to sponsor me ?or She can sponsor me while working in dublin as well ?

Thanks

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Well the national route eg UK route under national law has less benefits plus its expensive...not too sure of the UK route but think she would have to resident need someone else to confirm sure you would be able to apply for a visa if your not resident since you are both going to move to the UK ...once again not 100%

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Ciara's option is the cheapest and most speediest process. Also the EEA family permit she mentioned is not a visitor's visa. It allows you to travel to the UK, and once there you will need to apply for a resident, which gives you resident rights.

If however you decide to use the National rules avenue, you accompanying you will be considered as settled in the UK for the purpose of the Immigration.

However you would have to meet Maintenance and Accommodation requirements, which are more stringent for the National Law route than they are for the EEA route. As rightly stated by Ciara.

Please see Set 3.4 for information on settlement criteria
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors