ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Approved/My experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chidol4u
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Approved/My experience

Post by chidol4u » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Just some advice for other applicants based on my experience

Application Posted on 14th July
Application Received on 15th July
Confirmation Letter Received on 17th July
8/08/09 I received a letter today which read

''Thank you for your application of 15 July 2009 for leave to remain in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 General
I would be grateful if you could submit two recent passport size photographs of yourself.
Your documents will be returned to you as soon as I receive these photographs.''

I sent the new passport photo on the same day.

14/08/2009 I received my documents with my application approved and Tier 1 visa.

Some issues I had that might be useful to to other people are

I didn't get my bank statement on time so I had to get statements that were printed at my local branch but I got the bank to stamp and sign every page.A senior staff was also kind enough to include her card.However,my original statement came and I was adviced by someone on the forum to send them as well.I also mailed a kind person in UKBA who adviced

''If the copied statements you have provided are stamped and signed by the bank and contain all the information that your original statements would then there is no need to send them, however you are free to send them if you prefer''

Second issue,

I had two statements,one was a savings account which had a minimum of £1000.The second was my salary account which occasionally went overdrawn bc I was also using it for a bit of trading.One month to my submission,I tried to keep the account in credit in an effort to demonstrate that I actually had cumulatively the funds for maintenance.

Third issue,

I submitted a passport which I had used for all my other applications for the past 3 years.I was lucky that they sent me the letter above asking for a new set of passport photos.

Some of the things I did I won't advice others to do as it as quite risky.However,I hope someone else can learn from my experience.

Cover letter,

To
The Immigration Officer,
Tier 1 (General) Date: 14/07/2009

Dear Sir or Madam:

I xxxx, wish to apply under the Tier 1 General category.
Following are the list of documents provided with my Tier 1 application.

1. Age Assessment - 10 points claimed
Documents provided:
1) Notarized copy of Passport

2. Educational Qualification- 35 points claimed

Documents provided:
1) Original Masters Degree Certificate. (Masters Degree in xxxx, University of Leeds)

3. Past Earnings -25 points claimed

I’ve submitted a Lloyds TSB account statement and my payslip as supporting documents for my previous earnings. I will like to explain that although I applied for my payslip two weeks before the 14th of June, 2009,Lloyds TSB weren’t able to get the statements to me in time for my application hence my having to submit stamped copies of my statement for the period 9/12/2008 – 02/07/2009.I will be happy to send the original copies when they arrive should it still be necessary.

Documents provided:
1) 12 months salary slips (Salary slips submitted from August-2008 to June-2009.)
2) Bank Statements for the claim period showing my Net salary credited into Lloyds TSB Bank.
3) Letter from employer indicating my Annual salary.

4. UK Experience- 5 points claimed

Documents provided:
1) 12 months salary slips (Salary slips submitted from July-2008 to June-2009.)
2) Bank Statements for the claim period showing my Net salary credited into Lloyds TSB Bank.

5. English Language Requirement:

Documents provided:
1) 1) Original Masters Degree Certificate for degree taught in English Language (Masters Degree in xxxxx, University of Leeds)

6. Maintenance Fund:

Documents provided:
1) Barclays Bank account statement showing a minimum balance of not less than £800 from 14th April, 2009 – 14th July, 2009

Summary

Total Points Claimed: 75 Points
1. Education: 35 Points
2. Earnings: 25 Points
3. Age: 10 Points
4. UK Experience 5 Points

5.English Language 10 Points
6.Available maintenance funds 10 Points

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on [+44-xxxx] or alternatively via email xx@xx.com

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

xx xx

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 am

Congratulations!!!

When switching from WP to Tier 1 (G); did you inform your employer that you are switching from WP to Tier 1 (G) or its all transparent for them? OR we do not need to tell the company?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:23 am

@chidol4u.. Congratulations buddy.. good job..

Can you please update your TIMELINES for helping others..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 170#281170

@shappire..

there can be lots of discussions on the Q u raised.. but idealy it is better inform ur employer when u do transfer from WP to T1.. if not at the time of renewal of ur WP they will get to know.. but if the renewal is far off... ppl tend to be calm n not inform.. but if the renewal is few months later.. than u have to face the music n the employer may not like ur idea n worst things can come... but AGAIN as i said lots of discussions/opinions/comments have been put across on ur Q.. pls search this board..

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 am

I am holding 5 years WP so I do not have to renew it; and I know if my Tier 1 (G) application is rejected that will not have any impact on my WP...

So don't know if I should tell my HR that I am planning to switch to Tier 1 (G)...:)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 am

Sapphire1974 wrote:I am holding 5 years WP so I do not have to renew it; and I know if my Tier 1 (G) application is rejected that will not have any impact on my WP...

So don't know if I should tell my HR that I am planning to switch to Tier 1 (G)...:)
Sapphire.. this Q is really individual n their company specific.. becos in my company i initially had only 2yrs WP.. n it got expired in march/apr this year.. i switched to T1 n few months back i informed them.. they told oh!! thanks for updating.. so in my Org.. the HR is not even tracking.. so wat i mean here is based on ur situations and conditions and ur FAR away WP expiry .. u shd decide to tell them now or not.. u shd take ur decision..

* anybody feels against my advice read my previous msg..

bani

Post by bani » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:I am holding 5 years WP so I do not have to renew it; and I know if my Tier 1 (G) application is rejected that will not have any impact on my WP...

It won't have any impact on your WP if your Tier 1 gets rejected. You would still have valid leave. As for telling HR, you should tell them that you have a new work visa when your Tier 1 gets approved. It's up to you if you want to tell them before that time (really depends on your company policy/work culture there), but it shouldn't create any problems either way.

Good luck!

nirmal_kishore

Query re bank statements

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi chidol4u
Thanks for that very useful post on your experience. I am in a very similar situation and have a couple of questions:

1. A number of posts seem to indicate that the bank statements should cover 12 months before the date of application. Is this true ? Did you do that or did you just submit the 3 months statements.

2. Did you submit both your current account and savings account statements? I am asking this because similar to you, my current acccount was overdrawn in a couple of occasions so submitting this statement may send out the wrong message. Or is this required to prove that my salary is being paid in to the current account?

Please advise

Cheers
Nirmal