ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College and University letter plz Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw2009
Member of Standing

College and University letter plz Advice

Post by psw2009 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi guys,

I was studying in a college for the degree of university .I have receive the below letter from university and below to this letter i have provided college letter please let me know about ur comments will that be ok to have the 75points thanks.

below letter is from university

To Whome It May Concernn

Name: xxxxx
Student ID Number: xxxxxx
Degree Prgramme: xxxxxx
Comencement Date: 01 January 2008

Subject: Confirmation of expected completion of Mr. xxxxx Studies.

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxx was enrolled on Masters degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA at the London Campus of the European School of Economics from Januarry 2008 to April 2009.

All Unvergraduate and postgraduate programmes taught at the European School of Economics are validate by the university of buckingham and students are awarded degrees directly by this university.

Mr. xxx has successfully completed his studies. His results were approved by the examination board on 30 july 2009 and are now subject to final approval by the university of buckingham senate. Mr. xxx academic transcript will be issued shortly and he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony in april 2010.

Yours sincerely

College Letter

To Whome it may concern

This is to confirm that ...... was enroleed on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the College

At the end of the examination process he has been successfully awarded the degree of MBA in International Finance. The following are the details of the award:

1. Student's name: xxxxxx
2. Title of Qualification: MBA
3. Start and end date : 01 January 2008 to 19th June 2009( suppose to finish on 30 April 2009 but he extended his deadline for submission of dissertation to 19th june 2009)
4. Date of Approvel by Examination Board : 30th July 2009
5. body awarding the qualification: University of Buckingham

we can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course . As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010.

please do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise for further information.

Your faithfully,
Last edited by psw2009 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 pm

I am sure that topic has been covered in full details in u previous threads.

psw2009
Member of Standing

yes ash786 but

Post by psw2009 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:47 pm

To Whome It May Concernn
yes ash786 it was covered very well n i got the below letter according to the prevvious advice but i am worry about the below large font will home office question that it is still subject for approval from senate of the unviersity or they will be happy with the approval from the examination board.

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxx was enrolled on Masters degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA at the London Campus of the European School of Economics from Januarry 2008 to April 2009.

All Unvergraduate and postgraduate programmes taught at the European School of Economics are validate by the university of buckingham and students are awarded degrees directly by this university.

Mr. xxx has successfully completed his studies. His results were approved by the examination board on 30 july 2009 and are now subject to final approval by the university of buckingham senate. Mr. xxx academic transcript will be issued shortly and he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony in april 2010.

Yours sincerely

ash786
BANNED

Re: yes ash786 but

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:16 pm

psw2009 wrote:To Whome It May Concernn
yes ash786 it was covered very well n i got the below letter according to the prevvious advice but i am worry about the below large font will home office question that it is still subject for approval from senate of the unviersity or they will be happy with the approval from the examination board.

Yours sincerely
No and u shud wait for the "University of Buckingham Senate" for the final approval as being the awarding body.

1. For PSW u need the final confirmation that u have passed the degree.
2. U letter clearly says that " Expected Completion" so its not confirmed yet.
3. Thats enough for HO to refuse the application as results are being expected.

I wud strongly advise u not to apply for PSW as it wil be refused without any doubts.

psw2009
Member of Standing

but it does ssay that

Post by psw2009 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 pm

but it does say that Mrxxx has sucessfully completed his studies and his result were approved by the examination board on 30 july 2009. please let me know about your comments i have appointment on 14-08-2009

To Whome It May Concernn

Yours sincerely

psw2009
Member of Standing

please also note that

Post by psw2009 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 pm

please also note that examination board was held in University of buckingham not in european school of economics

i really thankful for your advice

ash786
BANNED

Re: please also note that

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes it says approved by board but needs final approval from the senate so basically means still under consideration.

1. If u say that u have got final results then why on the letter it says needs to approved by senate cuz the university is aware of that the senate is the final step for the degree and thats the reason they have put that on the letter.
2. The wording of this letter is good enough for HO to refuse the application.
3. If u have informed me about that in my previous replies to you that u wud also need an approval from the senate then i wud have told u to wait untill the senate has confirmed u results.
4. I am not saying that u have not passed wat i m saying that for PSW u need final approval of the awarding institution.
5. If u ask the university this question "HAVE I OFFICIALY PASSED" i can bet that the answer will be no and wud be as follows "NOT OFFICIALY EVEN U HAVE BEEN INFORMED BUT UNTILL THE SENATE FINALISED THE AWARD"

6. If they say yes then tell them to remove the "Expected and waiting Senate" form the letter which i bet they wud not as thats the official procedure.

I wud strongly recommend to cancel u appointment and wait untill the senate approves u degree.

If anybody disagree to wat i have said so far plz let me kno.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Anyone agree or disagree plz

Post by psw2009 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 am

Anyone; agree orr disagree plz

psw2009
Member of Standing

Anyone

Post by psw2009 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Anyone plz???

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm more concerned about the bolded part, which clearly shows that your result has not yet receive the final approval from the university's senate. What happens if the senate refused to approve your qualification? I know the approval is a mere formality, but you can't trust HO to assume the same even if they know the process.

I'll strongly advice you to get another letter with the same information without the bolded part and submit with your application. The approval by the examination board is even ok for the application.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Anyone

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:50 am

psw2009 wrote:Anyone plz???
If u are still applying with the same letters then do let me know about the outcome.

nemath0419
Newly Registered

Post by nemath0419 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 pm

do not go with that letter. It is not yet clear from your letter that you have finished studies. I would suggest you wait for the right letter and then apply. As you know these days home office is refusing the visas with the slightest mistakes. Its not wise to apply with that doubt in your heart. Case worker may consider it or he may not . But at the end of the day it will be you who will be nervous until you get your visa and also applying for the visa is gonna cost you money. I reckon you should wait and apply.

Thanks,
Nemath

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:16 pm

nemath0419 wrote:do not go with that letter. It is not yet clear from your letter that you have finished studies. I would suggest you wait for the right letter and then apply. As you know these days home office is refusing the visas with the slightest mistakes. Its not wise to apply with that doubt in your heart. Case worker may consider it or he may not . But at the end of the day it will be you who will be nervous until you get your visa and also applying for the visa is gonna cost you money. I reckon you should wait and apply.

Thanks,
Nemath
I had a very long conversation with him in an other thread and i had advised the same but seems like he wud not believe me.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Anyone agree or disagree plz

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 pm

psw2009 wrote:Anyone; agree orr disagree plz
Any updates on u case?

ash786
BANNED

Re: Anyone

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 am

psw2009 wrote:Anyone plz???
I have not heard anything from u i just hope u got the new letetr and got the PSW.

psw2009
Member of Standing

THANKS FOR ADVICE

Post by psw2009 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR ADVICE I APPLIED FOR VISA ONLY WITH ABOVE COLLEGE LETTER NOT UNIVERSITY LETTER VISA OFFICER WAS OK WITH THAT BUT AS MY VISA WAS REFUSE BEFORE THEY WANT TO CHECK WAT WAS HAPPEN BEFORE AND THEY WANT TO MAKE SOME ENQUIRIES WAT I DID I EXPLAIN TO HIM EVERYTHING FACE TO FACE N THEN I WROTE NOTES FOR HIM ON TWO PAGES EXPLAIN WHY I WAS REFUSE BEFORE HOPEFUL I WILL GET REESPONSE NEXT WEEK ACCORDING TO THE VISA OFFICER.

ash786
BANNED

Re: THANKS FOR ADVICE

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 pm

psw2009 wrote:THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR ADVICE I APPLIED FOR VISA ONLY WITH ABOVE COLLEGE LETTER NOT UNIVERSITY LETTER VISA OFFICER WAS OK WITH THAT BUT AS MY VISA WAS REFUSE BEFORE THEY WANT TO CHECK WAT WAS HAPPEN BEFORE AND THEY WANT TO MAKE SOME ENQUIRIES WAT I DID I EXPLAIN TO HIM EVERYTHING FACE TO FACE N THEN I WROTE NOTES FOR HIM ON TWO PAGES EXPLAIN WHY I WAS REFUSE BEFORE HOPEFUL I WILL GET REESPONSE NEXT WEEK ACCORDING TO THE VISA OFFICER.
U mean that u visa was refused in the past for some reason and not the PSW refused?

psw2009
Member of Standing

psw refused

Post by psw2009 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Dear ash786 it was psw refused in 2008 i apply for psw visa while i was doing the dissertation. what happened was i misundertstood the guidance policy that student writing up thesis could aply for psw visa but later i came to know it is one of the type of visa so student should have finish all the study so now visa officer told me after comparing my current file with previous file they will let me know after 3days otherwise he was looking ok with the current application and documents but they want senior visa officer to go through my application. i also explain him very well and left notes on two pages for senior visa officer explaining all about my last application mistake and also explain that now i have finish my study and result were approved as letter provided from the college. if you have any further question please do contact me and i hand over the the guy who gave me receipt for my application confirming that my application is valid but we need to make some enquiries .

ash786
BANNED

Re: psw refused

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 pm

psw2009 wrote:Dear ash786 it was psw refused in 2008 i apply for psw visa while i was doing the dissertation. what happened was i misundertstood the guidance policy that student writing up thesis could aply for psw visa but later i came to know it is one of the type of visa so student should have finish all the study so now visa officer told me after comparing my current file with previous file they will let me know after 3days otherwise he was looking ok with the current application and documents but they want senior visa officer to go through my application. i also explain him very well and left notes on two pages for senior visa officer explaining all about my last application mistake and also explain that now i have finish my study and result were approved as letter provided from the college. if you have any further question please do contact me and i hand over the the guy who gave me receipt for my application confirming that my application is valid but we need to make some enquiries .
Well gud luk and all we can do is wait.