ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS - PSW rejected coz the balance went below 800 for 2 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bwaqas
Newly Registered

IGS - PSW rejected coz the balance went below 800 for 2 days

Post by bwaqas » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Dear Friends,

I had applied for the PSW under transitional arrangements and was rejected because my balance had gone down to 459 for 2 days and then back to 800 GBP.

I am appealing on the basis that I had an available balance of 1000 pounds during those 2 days in my other account. But the only problem for me is that the other account was overdrawn by 133 pounds but still had an available balance of more than 1000 as I have an interest free overdraft limit of 1300 GBP.

My question is that, will Tribunal accept it that for 2 days, I could use that interest free overdraft facility to support myself or they will simply not accept it.

Also, in my overdraft facility account, my father had transfered 1300 GBP for my rent and expenditures which after 4 days, went into minus again as I was already in minus 1200 something when that 1300 came into the account.

Can I tell the tribunal that if I knew that my bank will take out money from my saving account which I had been mainting for the 800 pounds funds, I would have easily transfered all the 1300 or atleast 4/500 to my saving account or would have asked my dad to send the money in my saving account.

But I didnt do that since I was totally unaware of the withdrawl which my bank made from my saving account which I was maintaining.

I know its kind of complicated but do let me know what you guys think, based on your experiences or anything else you know.

Thanks a lot.

Waqas

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:54 pm

1. U can not introduce any new evidence after the date of the application
2. If u can show that u had another account and that can cover the missing period then u wud be fine.
3. If u balance was in minus for that missing period then it means that u owed that balance to bank and was not u money.
4. Even u balance went up to normal balance but it was not related to that period which u were missing then AIT will simply reject it.
5. U can not reapply as u r IGS visa holder and also can not applu from bak home (Only initial PSW applications can be made outside the UK).

So basically if u can show that u had a available funds for that missing period then u can appeal and win.

nemath0419
Newly Registered

Post by nemath0419 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:03 pm

yeah ash786 is right. you cannot show overdraft as the evidence as it is not your saving but the bank is lending you money.