ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appling for tier1 shortly

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eskay_s

Appling for tier1 shortly

Post by eskay_s » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 am

Hello All,

I am planning to apply tier1 through Pune-VFS shortly,I have some doubts to go a head on my application.Could any one help me by responding my queries.Help would be appreciated.

1) I am planning to enter UK in Jan/Feb 2010,so can I mention the same in VAF now ?If so will they issue the visa validity commencing from Jan/Feb 2010?

2) I have cleared my TOEFL exam 1yr ago i.e. in august 2008,will this be valid? and My degree is in other than english medium but my Masters degree is in English medium,will they consider,incase TOEFL exam is not valid?

3) I have done my Masters degree through distance education from J.R.N Vidyapeeth university in 2007,Rajasthan,will it be valid?

4) Once we get the visa ,within howmany days we need to be there in UK?

5) Regarding source of income I am planning to submitt my Payslips and IT Returns documents and Bank account statements,will be they sufficient enough?

6) I have traveled on B1 visa and also on workpermit visa to UK from my company last year.(returned in august 2008), so Can I able to show as the UK Exp to gain 5 points?

7) Currently what is the processing time taking for tier 1 applications?

Thanks,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Appling for tier1 shortly

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 am

eskay_s wrote:Hello All,

I am planning to apply tier1 through Pune-VFS shortly,I have some doubts to go a head on my application.Could any one help me by responding my queries.Help would be appreciated.

1) I am planning to enter UK in Jan/Feb 2010,so can I mention the same in VAF now ?If so will they issue the visa validity commencing from Jan/Feb 2010?

2) I have cleared my TOEFL exam 1yr ago i.e. in august 2008,will this be valid? and My degree is in other than english medium but my Masters degree is in English medium,will they consider,incase TOEFL exam is not valid?

3) I have done my Masters degree through distance education from J.R.N Vidyapeeth university in 2007,Rajasthan,will it be valid?

5) Regarding source of income I am planning to submitt my Payslips and IT Returns documents and Bank account statements,will be they sufficient enough?

6) I have traveled on B1 visa and also on workpermit visa to UK from my company last year.(returned in august 2008), so Can I able to show as the UK Exp to gain 5 points?

Thanks,
1. YES, you can put ur request clearly in COVER LETTER

2. Check your Master degree is in PBS CalcULATOR or not becos it is required for english n educational points.. it is very imp..

3. same as 2

4. Till the visa is valid

5. YES

6. I think no, pls chk with others

7. 2-3weeks in india

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
eskay_s wrote:Hello All,

Thanks,
1. YES, you can put ur request clearly in COVER LETTER. I dont think the BHC post dates VISAs by more than 3 months

2. Check your Master degree is in PBS CalcULATOR or not becos it is required for english n educational points.. it is very imp..

3. same as 2

4. Till the visa is valid - Advisable to reach here within 3 months of VISA start date

5. YES - Payslips and Bank statements should suffice if they cover the same period. Why add IT documents and add complexity
6. I think no, pls chk with others - Does that period fall within the earnings claim period?

7. 2-3weeks in india
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks tvn_ramesh and push_hsmp for your replies.

I have checked in PBS calculator and I found my University(PG Degree) in that.But I am still waiting for the response that

Does my TOEFL certification is valid now?as I cleared 1yr ago

Thanks Every one

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:08 pm

eskay_s wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh and push_hsmp for your replies.

I have checked in PBS calculator and I found my University(PG Degree) in that.But I am still waiting for the response that

Thanks Every one
Your Toefl is valid for two years..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm

eskay_s wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh and push_hsmp for your replies.

Thanks Every one
If the PBS calculator awards you 10 points under the English Langugae requirement section, you do not need to submit any other proof. Just the Degree would do.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks guys,appreciate your quick responses.

Cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:07 am

push_hsmp wrote:
4. Till the visa is valid - Advisable to reach here within 3 months of VISA start date
Dowsn't matter, chk the job n market conditions n Take ur time mate

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I am following up the job market using below jobsites:

www.cwjobs.co.uk

www.theitjobboard.com

Are thease sites are ok to verify the market condition or else is there are any other jobsites available .If so inform me the sites...

Tx