ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Rigstud

You will not be allowed to settle here legally in the UK.

You have come on a marriage visitor visa which is valid for 6 months after which you have to leave theUK and return back to where you came from.

From there you will have to apply for a spouse visa and go through normal procedures which are currently taking 4-6 months.

I think what you tried to do is to come on a visitor visa and then get married and tried to stay here. I am sorry to say but this is not allowed and there is no way the Home Ofice will allow you to stay here.

I think if that was allowed everybody on this forum would do that.

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 pm

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME IM GOING MAD
BATLY KHAN PLEASE HELP

Its been 7 weeks since my husband sudmitted his passport and today he rang islamabad BHC and he was told it could take up to 4 to 6 months more,I dont understand whats going on because he was told that his passport is in islamabad where he submitted it and his paper work is in abu dhabi,When i appealed from the uk i was told all paper work was to be sent to london aswell as islamabad and the decision was to be made by islamabad and it was them who overturned the decision.So what are the papers doing in abu dhabi?.Does anyone know that in my situation who stamps the passport with a visa, is it at abu dhabi or is it in islamabad?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 pm

BATLY KHAN PLEASE HELP

Its been 7 weeks since my husband sudmitted his passport and today he rang islamabad BHC and he was told it could take up to 4 to 6 months more,I dont understand whats going on because he was told that his passport is in islamabad where he submitted it and his paper work is in abu dhabi,When i appealed from the uk i was told all paper work was to be sent to london aswell as islamabad and the decision was to be made by islamabad and it was them who overturned the decision.So what are the papers doing in abu dhabi?.Does anyone know that in my situation who stamps the passport with a visa, is it at abu dhabi or is it in islamabad?

The waiting time for processing applications in Pakistan is around 4+ months.

All settlement applications or appeals from this country are dealt with by officers based Abu Dhabi and not Islamabad

Hope this helps

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 pm

batleykhan wrote:
BATLY KHAN PLEASE HELP

The waiting time for processing applications in Pakistan is around 4+ months.

All settlement applications or appeals from this country are dealt with by officers based Abu Dhabi and not Islamabad

Hope this helps
THANK YOU Batley khan
Do you know if it will it be in Islamabad or Abu dhabi where they stamp the visa on the passport ? If i get my MP to help do you think it will make them hurry up?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 am

786sam,

OMG what are they playing at its not like theyve got to process a visa application. Everything been dealt with in court all they need to do is stamp it. It is terrible and the worst part is that we are powerless to do anything. Well this is all the things i have to look forward to. Just hang in there and contact your MP tell him how upset and angered you are with all of this.

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am

Ok folks, I just need some info from someone who has applied from Pakistan.

I am in the process of writting a detailed article of what one has to do to get a spouse visa from Pakistan. I will post it here so everyone can read and act upon it, because we get so many enquiries on this subject.

I want to know in detail of what one has to do when they want to apply for a visa in Pakistan, meaning who do they ring up at Fedex ( inc phone number), how long it takes to get an appointment, what docs do they ask for.

Also what is the procedure and cost of one having their biometrics and TB test done, how long does procedure take.

What is the procedure at Fedex on the day t you turn up at their office. what do they say or ask for,who do they ask this of.

Also is the procedure different for men to that of women, or is it same.

Thanks for your help

RM786

Post by RM786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 am

To make an appointment to submit your visa application at gerrys please telephone 0900 10411 (landline) or 8865 (mobile). Calls cost Rs10 per minute. Appointments are free of charge. The call centre is open Monday to Saturday: 08:00 till 24:00 midnight.

TB test can be done locally. The cost i think is about 1000 rupees. Please someone correct me if im wrong.

Applicants paperwork

You Have to fill in the Application form which is VAF4.
Passport
National I.D Card.
T.B test certificate.

Sponsors paperwork

Finance details,

6 months payslip (if self employed full accounts and tax return)
6 months bank statements
Letter from employer (optional)
P60

Accomadation details,

If Home owner: Mortgage statements, Land registry, title deeds.
Renting: tenancy agreement, Letter from landlord.
Housing Report: to show no overcrowding. Can obtain from local council and Estate agents the cost varies.

to show you have met and marriage is genuine,

Nikkah nama / also English translation a must
Photos
videos
weddings cards
reciepts from venue's
Telephone bills, letters, flight tickets, e-mail convos. to show contact.

Phot copies of sponsors passport pages and birth certificate. They then have to be stamped by a genuine solicitor.

When Givng in application make sure All paperwork has been Photo copied and given in with the application.

Also the fee for the Spouse visa is 81,000 rupees.

When you arrivbe at the vac they take your biometric finger prints then you wait for your turn to hand in your paperwork this can take upto 3 hours. You then hand in all paper work and they gave you a reciept which has your tracking number on it which you can use for checking your status

Im sure ive missed some things. Others please advise further.

thankyou[/b]

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 pm

also dont forget how stupidly irresponssible they can get when they take wrong finger print scans and do not check their machines so that every thing is in working order!...

i have been through it.....after bloody bloddy bloody two months theese merciless people phone me up and ask me to come down again to take my biometrics again.......AND once done.....ur application goes right to the bottom of the que!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

D_W

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:29 am

Have made some additions...
RM786 wrote:To make an appointment to submit your visa application at gerrys please telephone 0900 10411 (landline) or 8865 (mobile). Calls cost Rs10 per minute. Appointments are free of charge. The call centre is open Monday to Saturday: 08:00 till 24:00 midnight.

Appointment cannot be cancelled for any reason until after the appointed date/time has passed

TB test can be done locally. The cost i think is about 1000 rupees. Please someone correct me if im wrong.

Test must be conducted via IOM who are official agents for UKBA. Current cost is Rs. 3,000 and results are obtained within a couple of days after the test. Appointment is needed in advance. Depending on the rush, the apointment may be given for a date occurring 10 days or more after contacting IOM.

Applicants paperwork

You Have to fill in the Application form which is VAF4.
Passport
National I.D Card.
T.B test certificate.

Sponsors paperwork

Finance details,

6 months payslip (if self employed full accounts and tax return)
6 months bank statements
Letter from employer (optional)
P60

Accomadation details,

If Home owner: Mortgage statements, Land registry, title deeds.
Renting: tenancy agreement, Letter from landlord.
Housing Report: to show no overcrowding. Can obtain from local council and Estate agents the cost varies.

to show you have met and marriage is genuine,

Nikkah nama / also English translation a must
Photos
videos
weddings cards
reciepts from venue's
Telephone bills, letters, flight tickets, e-mail convos. to show contact.

Phot copies of sponsors passport pages and birth certificate. They then have to be stamped by a genuine solicitor.

When Givng in application make sure All paperwork has been Photo copied and given in with the application.

Also the fee for the Spouse visa is 81,000 rupees.

Fee we paid was Rs. 81,900 per applicant payable via Demand Draft (if paying by cash then Rs. 200 extra per applicant)

When you arrivbe at the vac they take your biometric finger prints then you wait for your turn to hand in your paperwork this can take upto 3 hours. You then hand in all paper work and they gave you a reciept which has your tracking number on it which you can use for checking your status

Im sure ive missed some things. Others please advise further.

thankyou[/b]

b92753

Post by b92753 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi You only require 3months wages slips NOT 6. Howeer if you have 6months the better but not mandatory requirement.

thanks

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:13 pm

HI ALL,

has anybody recieved any updates with their visa applications or appeals please post anyone who got a visa please guide the ones who are planning to apply.

Thankyou.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:08 pm

RM786 wrote:HI ALL,

has anybody recieved any updates with their visa applications or appeals please post anyone who got a visa please guide the ones who are planning to apply.

Thankyou.
Hi from what i have heard is that people who submitted there case after the 25th of may will start receiving responses in mid september.

thanks

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 am

Hi,

Yes but i know of a couple of people who submitted there applications early june have got their reply long time ago. My wife submitted her application on the 2nd june we got reply on 7th july.

Thanks

kayaniii

Hey

Post by kayaniii » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:21 am

Submited my docs on 13th aug n status says aplication forwarded to islamabd OC. wot meanz OC?

Thnx

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm

hi kayaniii,

From what ive heard OC means overseas Consulate. Now if its a spouse visa youve applied for then your papers are in the uk your application will get processed over here once this is done they will send them back to pakistan and then your status will change to "Passport ready for collection."

Thanks

Post by 2036789 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:51 pm

b92753 wrote:

Thankyou.
Hi from what i have heard is that people who submitted there case after the 25th of may will start receiving responses in mid september.

thanks
b92753 where did you get this piece of information from,
MM

b92753

Post by b92753 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:47 am

2036789 wrote:
b92753 wrote:

Thankyou.

thanks
b92753 where did you get this piece of information from,
Theres a thread in the another forum UKresident, several people received emails from BHC stating that they have some system problems therefore the backlog. I dont know wheather this is true or not. It is just what i picked up from antoher forum.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm

D

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 pm

E

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 pm

S

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 pm

P