ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit within UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kohkaf
Newly Registered

Post by kohkaf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi,
Is there any one who may help me as I am a non EEA , living in UK as a student since 2001. Now I am gonna marry with an EEA national from check republic. But the problem is, she is not living here in uk. Definetely u guys thinking that how we met, well ! Online guys. She is coming next month but I don't know how to process marriage case here. Someone told me that there is a marriage permission for those EEA national's spouse if EEA spouse has been lived at least one year in UK .
Please guide me, whats the whole process? what about if she is just coming first time in uk and we immediate apply to get permission for marriage here and then file my case to change the status from student into EEA family permit.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA Family permit within UK

Post by Rozen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:03 pm

kohkaf wrote:Hi,
Is there any one who may help me as I am a non EEA , living in UK as a student since 2001. Now I am gonna marry with an EEA national from check republic. But the problem is, she is not living here in uk. Definetely u guys thinking that how we met, well ! Online guys. She is coming next month but I don't know how to process marriage case here. Someone told me that there is a marriage permission for those EEA national's spouse if EEA spouse has been lived at least one year in UK .
Please guide me, whats the whole process? what about if she is just coming first time in uk and we immediate apply to get permission for marriage here and then file my case to change the status from student into EEA family permit.
Whoah! Slow down, mate! You can only apply for an EEA2 Residence Card when your EU partner is residing and exercising their treaty rights (eg. working, studying, self sufficient) in the UK.
You, as non-EU, will have to apply for Certificate of Application (COA) to marry from the UKBA.
Don't know what you mean by 'marriage permission' if EU national has lived in UK for at least one year.
The whole thing is a process, one step at a time. Get to meet her in person first, for starters!

kohkaf
Newly Registered

Post by kohkaf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:23 pm

thanks Rozen..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Rozen wrote: Don't know what you mean by 'marriage permission' if EU national has lived in UK for at least one year.
The whole thing is a process, one step at a time. Get to meet her in person first, for starters!
Probably the one year on WRS for A8 States?

Anyway I agree with Rozen, first things first any undue rush sets the 'marriage of convenience' sensor tingling.

When does your student visa expire?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kohkaf
Newly Registered

Post by kohkaf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:23 am

thanks mate. well ! My student visa gonna expires end of dec.09

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 am

So your saying your visa is expiring soon and you're looking marry an Eastern European girl you've never met as quickly as possible?

Look at it from the outside and you can see the UKBA alarm bell is gonna go off with this one....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am

Wanderer wrote: 'marriage of convenience' sensor tingling.

kohkaf
Newly Registered

Post by kohkaf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:57 am

You are right mate, Actually now we've decided to marry. What If I renew my student visa and later I may switch to EEA family permit as she needs one year to excersise her treaty rights to get settle here first.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm

kohkaf wrote:You are right mate, Actually now we've decided to marry. What If I renew my student visa and later I may switch to EEA family permit as she needs one year to excersise her treaty rights to get settle here first.
Get to know the girl first, chances are you'll hate each other on sight.

How's your Czech? Slavic language like Russian, not one of the easiest.....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Wanderer wrote: chances are you'll hate each other on sight.
Speaking from first-hand experience? :wink:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Wanderer wrote: chances are you'll hate each other on sight.
Speaking from first-hand experience? :wink:
Not me!

From my extensive experience researching Anglo-Russian relationships (and others!) I know that you can't form a proper relationship with someone from another culture with another language unless either you are very, very lucky, or have an interest in your partners country, culture or language, and/or you take it very, very slowly, lots of visits, learn each others languages.

Chatting online or even a 10 day holiday is not enough in my book.

So that's my suggestion for the OP, get to know the girl, learn some Czech, and spend some proper day-to-day non-holiday-mode face time together both here on a visit and in her hometown.

I've read so many time about everything being great online and in photo exchanging but you will only know if the chemistry is there when u meet and then after a good amount of time getting on each others nerves.

Everyone puts on a show in these long distance relationships online, on the phone, it's only after time together you see the real person and the fact he never washes his kegs etc, all that stuff!

Rant over!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Chuckle...! :lol: But I quite agree. A virtual r/ship will almost certainly crumble without two-way interests, time invested in learning about each other's background e.t.c & substantial face-to-face communication. It's hard enough getting through the day still in love with yourself!

Funny the concept of love though - It is almost all the things we never read or hear of! With my husband, I find that the very things that I would have found intolerable in another person, I find absolutely endearing in him! Forget cliched romantic get-aways, valentine spoils or "bardesque" love inscriptions; it's the midnight snores, the unannounced flatulence, unapologetic burps and 'klutziness' that make the heart flutter (sometimes!) Then you know that the love bug has most definitely bitten... :lol:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm

My brother in law (aged 16, to be fair) was chatting to this girl online from Bristol, for about 3 months. Well, of course, they were "in love" and couldn't wait to meet each other.

We went over to Britain on the ferry and, on the way driving to London, we stopped off in Bristol so he could meet up with the love of his life for an hour. I asked my brother in law, what if you don't like each other? His response: "No way! That'll never happen. We're so in love".

Anyway, after an hour passed we picked him up again and, guess what, they don't like each other, no spark at all and they've never spoken since!

Now I accept that my brother in law is only 16, but still, you get the idea.
Last edited by Ben on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:31 pm

More food for thought for the OP.

GEORGE81
Newly Registered

Post by GEORGE81 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 pm

--