ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund- Letter from bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitin7181
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund- Letter from bank

Post by nitin7181 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:01 am

Hi Friends,

I am relying on a Joint A/c with my Brother for Maintenance Funds requirement. I have got a Bank Letter from HDFC Bank on Letter head stating:

This is to certify that A/C number xxxx is a Joint account on the name of XYZ and ABC and it is Either Survivor Account.

The minimum balance maintained in this account from 1 May 2009 to 29 July is more than INR 300000 ( Three lakh only).

This letter has been issued on request and Bank doesnt hold any Financial liability for the same.

Signed/Stamped on letter head with Logo/Address of Bank Branch....>Will it Serve the purpose for Maintainence Funds....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am

Replied already for your query in this thread.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

nitin7181
Newly Registered

Post by nitin7181 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 am

ya , but as you said wait for another member to reply, i didnt recieve reply from any other member , thought to start new thread..Bank didnt mention the date from which Joint a/c is held.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 am

nitin7181 wrote:ya , but as you said wait for another member to reply, i didnt recieve reply from any other member , thought to start new thread..Bank didnt mention the date from which Joint a/c is held.
Chetan told it correctly. Joint account with any other family member except Spouse is not acceptable. Don't apply for EC if you have not applied yet. I have seen one case here where the applicant had joint account with his mother and it was rejected by Immigration Officer and that person was even not allowed to appeal against that. So don't do this.

Transfer the amount in your solo account and wait for 3 months.