ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR File, Can It Be Used As a Back Up At PEO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magsi23
Member of Standing

SAR File, Can It Be Used As a Back Up At PEO?

Post by magsi23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Has anyone used SAR file at PEO to provide evidence that application was valid and was submited on time?
Magsi

antontony

Post by antontony » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

No as a rule, as you will have a copy on hand, therefore they cannot check whether the page/part you are relying is genuine.

Also, with PEO application the case must be a really straightforward one, otherwise they will suggest applying by post.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:01 pm

There people in this forum who have used SAR at PEO as an evidence and sucessfully obtained ILR. It will be accepted as an evidence in decision making progress for a case.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

antontony,
sorry i don't agree with u. people ask for SAR for evidence,therefore they should be able to use it.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 am

i really doubt if SAR can be used as backup evidence, what antontony said is correct. Caseworker might question genuine of the SAR form you bring and may want to cross check. Having said that each caseworker and case is unique.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 am

itsme wrote:i really doubt if SAR can be used as backup evidence, what antontony said is correct. Caseworker might question genuine of the SAR form you bring and may want to cross check. Having said that each caseworker and case is unique.
Quite surprising. It is the official docuement sent by Home Office itself. I wonder why they may not accept it. They can cross check the document anytime they want from their system their and then itself.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 am

So i guess we have divided opinion?

Anyone who has been in the similar situation can comment may be?
Magsi

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 am

magsi23 wrote:So i guess we have divided opinion?

Anyone who has been in the similar situation can comment may be?
I haven't been in a similar situation, but I'll just add my humble opinion all the same...
If one has it , what harm is there in taking it along anyway? It might help, it might not. You lose nothing either way, surely?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

But surely they can see on their system to see when the application was raised?
Magsi

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 pm

magsi23 wrote:But surely they can see on their system to see when the application was raised?
I agree with magsi23, I think the whole point of SAR is to find out what they know.
Of course if it gets to the point that they are saying 'No, no ..' and you are saying 'But, but...' there would be no harm in telling them what 'they know' but depending on the caseworker and also information that is contentious its at this stage the application could be deemed 'not straightforward'. So as Rozen said carry it and use it if you have to. Your case certainly wont be any weaker cause you used it, i dont think

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks f2k,

Also just to add, i would be really surprised if most of the applications under LR ILR wouldn't have any gaps if not all, because often applications for student extensions are sitting with HO for months before extension is granted and i have seen it with pretty much everyone that i know.
Magsi