ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Reports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hummy
Newly Registered

Home Reports

Post by hummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 am

Hi,

I applied for my wife 6 months ago back in February. At the time of the application i submitted a Home Inspection Report from a local environmental office.

Unfortunately the application was refused as she wasn't quite 21 at the time. Looking to apply again now, and still based at the same address. I am just wondering if the same home inspection report will be sufficient or do i need to get a new report as we are submitting a new application. Will the 6 month old report still be ok with this submission. Still living at the same place.

Thanks

Hummy

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Home Reports

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

hummy wrote:Hi,

I applied for my wife 6 months ago back in February. At the time of the application i submitted a Home Inspection Report from a local environmental office.

Unfortunately the application was refused as she wasn't quite 21 at the time. Looking to apply again now, and still based at the same address. I am just wondering if the same home inspection report will be sufficient or do i need to get a new report as we are submitting a new application. Will the 6 month old report still be ok with this submission. Still living at the same place.

Thanks
Hummy
If you're still at the same address, then the same report should be alright. It's not as if your house has shrunk in the meantime, is it? :wink:

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 am

hummy wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Hummy
It is recommended for overseas entry clearance applications that statements and documents relied upon should not more then six months old
So, better you get a new one , if you get it from a solicitors firm then go back them and ask them to give you same letter with new date and Solicitors should not cost more this time.
Donot take risk , its not worth it

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 pm

blue.olive wrote:[
It is recommended for overseas entry clearance applications that statements and documents relied upon should not more then six months old
So, better you get a new one , if you get it from a solicitors firm then go back them and ask them to give you same letter with new date and Solicitors should not cost more this time.
Donot take risk , its not worth it
There is no risk involved! This is a document involving the same accomodation he was living in when they first applied, and there is nothing different about the same building six months on. If it was a document confirming single status, marital status, bank statements, etc, then yes; because these are likely to change at the drop of a hat! But I don't think it applies in this case.
Anyway Hummy, the ball is in your court. If this document was free or cheap, then by all means go for a fresh one!

hummy
Newly Registered

Post by hummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Well it certainly wasn't cheap, £150....

But i think they have the document stored on their PC so i may be able to get them to just change the date of the letter for like £10 or something.
I will speak to an immigration lawyer and see what they think.

hummy
Newly Registered

Post by hummy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Just for everyones information, having spoken to the same people that supplied my last request for a home report, they have confirmed that these are valid for 1 year provided you are still at the same residence. So looks i'm all good to go ahead with the original documents.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

hummy wrote:Just for everyones information, having spoken to the same people that supplied my last request for a home report, they have confirmed that these are valid for 1 year provided you are still at the same residence. So looks i'm all good to go ahead with the original documents.
Good for you! :)