ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hearing adjourned

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nightrider

Hearing adjourned

Post by nightrider » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm

My hearing has been adjourned, new hearing date is 5 weeks away. I have not been given any reason. Can this be contested?

I have already been waiting 12 weeks for current hearing and now its another 5 weeks. I sent my bundle to home office rep and court 3 weeks ago.

Is it possible to get the hearing quicker?

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi there,

yes it is possible to get a quicker hearing date using an expedite request which is sent to the AIT, your circumstances must be of a compelling and compassionate nature.

Look on the AIT website and it will direct you.
???REUNITED???

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:13 am

prettypolitical wrote:Hi there,

yes it is possible to get a quicker hearing date using an expedite request which is sent to the AIT, your circumstances must be of a compelling and compassionate nature.

Look on the AIT website and it will direct you.
my hearing was suppose to be on the 19th aug 2009, 4 day before hearing they sent me letter that my hearing been adjourned. No reason been given, very uunfair imho.

cant believe they can treat people like that..

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:17 am

Nightrider,

sorry to hear about that, it is really disappointing, you get all prepared to be told that.

Have you got legal representaion??????

Could you not use the expedite request route, I did and it worked hearing was brought right forward, but then didnt need it as Hig Comission called and said decision had been overturned.

Have you put any previous posts on so perhaps i can try and help you????
???REUNITED???

nightrider

Post by nightrider » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:27 am

prettypolitical wrote:Nightrider,

sorry to hear about that, it is really disappointing, you get all prepared to be told that.

Have you got legal representaion??????

Could you not use the expedite request route, I did and it worked hearing was brought right forward, but then didnt need it as Hig Comission called and said decision had been overturned.

Have you put any previous posts on so perhaps i can try and help you????
what reason did you use?

my child been born in pakistan, not seen him yet. i've been in limbo with this appeal.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 am

I was diagnosed with having severe reative depression, due to the whole issue with my husband not being here in uk with me and my family, numerous problems with 2 of my children, one of them had to see the doctor as she started soiling the bed and her behaviour had become unmanageable and the oldest girl had become verbally aggressive toward me.

All of these changes have developed through the absense of their father.

I wrote the expedite request, then within 10 days i had got a hearing date, which i didnt even have before.
???REUNITED???

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Prettypolitical,

Have you thought about taking legal action against UKBA for damages?

Eric

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Eric-Poole,

Do you think we really have a chance and to be honest I wouldnt know where to start!!
???REUNITED???