ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ANY PERSON CAUGHT IN HEATHROW WHILE RETURNING FROM HOME...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhi2186

ANY PERSON CAUGHT IN HEATHROW WHILE RETURNING FROM HOME...

Post by abhi2186 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 pm

HELLO PEOPLE..
PLEASE SHARE THIS THING...
IS ANY PERSON CAUGHT IN HEATHROW AIRPORT ON PSW VISA WHILE RETURNING.........
IM VERY MUCH EXCITED ABOUT THIS
BECAUSE IM IN INDIA RIGHT NOW..GOT MY PSW VISA ON JULY 2ND...
I HAVE CAME HERE FOR AN VACATION...
I WILL BE RETURNING BACK ON SEP 17TH...
SO I AM VERY MUCH WORRIED ABOUT THIS THING..IS THERE ANY PERSON CAUGHT AT HEATHROW AIRPORT WHO IS ON PSW VISA ...FOR 2 MORE YEARS...

ash786
BANNED

Re: ANY PERSON CAUGHT IN HEATHROW WHILE RETURNING FROM HOME.

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:47 pm

abhi2186 wrote:HELLO PEOPLE..
PLEASE SHARE THIS THING...
IS ANY PERSON CAUGHT IN HEATHROW AIRPORT ON PSW VISA WHILE RETURNING.........
IM VERY MUCH EXCITED ABOUT THIS
BECAUSE IM IN INDIA RIGHT NOW..GOT MY PSW VISA ON JULY 2ND...
I HAVE CAME HERE FOR AN VACATION...
I WILL BE RETURNING BACK ON SEP 17TH...
SO I AM VERY MUCH WORRIED ABOUT THIS THING..IS THERE ANY PERSON CAUGHT AT HEATHROW AIRPORT WHO IS ON PSW VISA ...FOR 2 MORE YEARS...
1. I have seen couple of cases where student were stopped but that was because of being "Cambridge College of Learning" students as this college was closed and under investigation.
2. U can be stopped or might not be so really depends on the officer.
3. Just make sure that u know all the details about u qualification as they might ask u questions and where u studied from.
4. Having so many long absences from UK can be (Not saying will) seen as a negative on u immigration history as the PSW is for you to work in the UK.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Abhi,

Doesn't Matter which college you are from. CCL, OBC, LCMIT, LCCM, BIC, Williams etc.

Immigration officers are very strict on all major UK Ports now per se Home Office instructions. PSW visa has become a contentious issue for HO now. Almost 98% of PSW visa holders are being questioned at airports (Heathrow being the most infamous and strictest).

3 of my very close friends 2 on PSW and 1 on IGS have been returned home from Heathrow and Manchester aiports. They were questioned for almost 1 hr each by officers. 1 of them was even asked to take test related to his study.

I don't want to scare you but only telling you the facts. Rest is your luck as many people get through with just 1 question.

So best of luck to you!!

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm

They will always ask questions, I think the main point is to be calm and confident, at the end of the day they have granted you the PSW.

I dont agree that leaving for long periods is negative on your immigration, it only means that you may not be eligible for long term residency, since they require you to not have been away from the UK for more than 3 months in a certain period (check the UKBA site).

Ifyou need to come back, you can always come back to job hunt, that is the purpose of the visa, you just need to make sure that when you are coming back your purpose is job related.

If you have got your PSW from a college, then you should be prepared for more than average interrogation, as the colleges are having the biggest problem with genuine vs false students fiasco. However, everyone gets asked questions, as someone already mentioned, it all depends on the officer.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 pm

cheryl99 wrote:They will always ask questions, I think the main point is to be calm and confident, at the end of the day they have granted you the PSW.

I dont agree that leaving for long periods is negative on your immigration, it only means that you may not be eligible for long term residency, since they require you to not have been away from the UK for more than 3 months in a certain period (check the UKBA site).

Ifyou need to come back, you can always come back to job hunt, that is the purpose of the visa, you just need to make sure that when you are coming back your purpose is job related.

If you have got your PSW from a college, then you should be prepared for more than average interrogation, as the colleges are having the biggest problem with genuine vs false students fiasco. However, everyone gets asked questions, as someone already mentioned, it all depends on the officer.
1. Long absences from UK while u hav a working visa does effect u immigration history
2. The period is 6 months and not 3 months at one point.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Yes, PSW is a working visa, however, as far as I know PSW doesn't lead to any settlement, so I think during this period it doesn't really matter how long you stay outside the UK.
________
Honda dualnote history
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:Yes, PSW is a working visa, however, as far as I know PSW doesn't lead to any settlement, so I think during this period it doesn't really matter how long you stay outside the UK.
1. PSW does lead to settlement under 10 years long residene rule.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 pm

if u r genuine u shudnt worry at all.. they stop u let them stop it is their duty to secure their borders, if u play by the rules there shudnt be any problem... y r u worried ..?.

truth
Newly Registered

Post by truth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 pm

I don't know why people worried when they comeback from their back home
this think shows that all colleges sold PG diploma not only CCL .

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I disagree on the point that long absences affects your immigration history, there is no immigration rule that states that they only say that if your circumstances change (i.e. no longer a student, want to work rather than visit etc) then you need to reapply for another visa, thats standard.

Many people do leave for long periods of time, and come back, in a recession, it is expected that you may leave and work elsewhere, and come back in the future for example. I can tell you from my experience that you can leave for 4 months and come back, provided you have the correct visa, and the correct intentions you are fine.

The only negative thing will be that to be eligible for long term residency you cannot be away from the country for x amount of time over the course of x year or years so thats the only worry. Check the website for what the timescale is.

Dont panic, you have a visa, you are genuine, so why should they harass you and make you stressed? They always ask questions, and if you are nervous it will be harder.

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 pm

No, long absences only affects your immigration history if you are claiming for long term residency. Otherwise, it doesnt matter, many people leave and come back and spend long periods away from the UK, but they do not apply for residency.

You are probably right about the 6 months, I wasnt sure, though I had heard 3 months at a time in x amount of years.

ash786 wrote:
cheryl99 wrote:They will always ask questions, I think the main point is to be calm and confident, at the end of the day they have granted you the PSW.

1. Long absences from UK while u hav a working visa does effect u immigration history
2. The period is 6 months and not 3 months at one point.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:29 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Dear Abhi,

Doesn't Matter which college you are from. CCL, OBC, LCMIT, LCCM, BIC, Williams etc.

Immigration officers are very strict on all major UK Ports now per se Home Office instructions. PSW visa has become a contentious issue for HO now. Almost 98% of PSW visa holders are being questioned at airports (Heathrow being the most infamous and strictest).

3 of my very close friends 2 on PSW and 1 on IGS have been returned home from Heathrow and Manchester aiports. They were questioned for almost 1 hr each by officers. 1 of them was even asked to take test related to his study.

I don't want to scare you but only telling you the facts. Rest is your luck as many people get through with just 1 question.

So best of luck to you!!

Dear Bagula Bhagat,
How many test u hav written??
Stop Scaring ppl. and let him Enjoy his holidays.
Dont worry abhi, njoy yr holidays.

truth
Newly Registered

Post by truth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 pm

tall_funky wrote:
bagula_bhagat wrote:Dear Abhi,

So best of luck to you!!

Dear Bagula Bhagat,
How many test u hav written??
Stop Scaring ppl. and let him Enjoy his holidays.
Dont worry abhi, njoy yr holidays.

yes i agree one of my friend got pgd from BITE and he was deport after 7hr in detention because he done pgd without completing bachelor degree.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:22 am

Student Visa and PSW visa do not lead to any settlement. however, after 10 years, even people who are illegally resided in the UK are eligible to apply lol...
________
Smoke weed every day
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 am

MACY wrote:if u r genuine u shudnt worry at all.. they stop u let them stop it is their duty to secure their borders, if u play by the rules there shudnt be any problem... y r u worried ..?.
Although I don't agree with the grammar I agree with the point. Is there something we're missing to get you so excited / worried? :)