ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Application form versions - Urgent Help Please!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Dependant Application form versions - Urgent Help Please!!!

Post by Novicespace » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Hello,

On Friday (14 Aug 09 )I have made my application and dependant application both at same time. Monday I have noticed in the bia website with different version of dependent application form 08/09 and the one i used is 06/09. I called up home office numbers and they don't know when this change was happened and there was no guidance or news related to this change of version. When I looked in details of both the application form, the content is similar only change was version numbers.

I'm not sure what to do at this stage. any help and advice would be really appreciated ..

Regards,
Novice

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Application form versions - Urgent Help Please

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Novicespace wrote:Hello,

On Friday (14 Aug 09 )I have made my application and dependant application both at same time. Monday I have noticed in the bia website with different version of dependent application form 08/09 and the one i used is 06/09. I called up home office numbers and they don't know when this change was happened and there was no guidance or news related to this change of version. When I looked in details of both the application form, the content is similar only change was version numbers.

I'm not sure what to do at this stage. any help and advice would be really appreciated ..

Regards,
Novice
If the content is 100% similar (except version no.) I wonder why HO would change it. In most of the case where incorrect form is used, HO generally sends the application back and ask you to use the correct form.

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Can you please advice will they send back the form before they deduct the money ?

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Novicespace wrote:Hello,

Regards,
Novice
Not sure what exactly is changed in the latest version, but I downloaded the form on Friday morning and found the version to be 08/09..

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Have you got any idea when this new form is introduced, I'm really confused now of what to do. Can I fill in the new application form and send to home office with the reference number i get from home office. Will they accept it ??

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Novicespace wrote:Have you got any idea when this new form is introduced, I'm really confused now of what to do. Can I fill in the new application form and send to home office with the reference number i get from home office. Will they accept it ??
I called up the PEO on 13th to book an appointment.. At that time, I was asked whether i have filled the version 06/09 of the form.

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Does that mean, filled version 06/09 of the form is valid? Some help me with what solutions I can take to avoid any rejections etc?

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 am

Novicespace wrote:Does that mean, filled version 06/09 of the form is valid? Some help me with what solutions I can take to avoid any rejections etc?
Can any one help me in this regard?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Novicespace wrote:
Novicespace wrote:Does that mean, filled version 06/09 of the form is valid? Some help me with what solutions I can take to avoid any rejections etc?
Can any one help me in this regard?
My personal opinion is that you are going to be fine with the form that you have filled. Read somewhere on the forum that the forms remain valid for 28 (?) days after they are changed. You seem to have better chances as I understand that the forms have not changed substantially. If you are losing sleep over it, you can send the new form explaining the circumstances.

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am

The only difference I can see is addition of H5 on page 28; but I did not understand this; just below H4 they have mentioned "Now go to question J1"...mean we have to skip H5 in any case?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:The only difference I can see is addition of H5 on page 28; but I did not understand this; just below H4 they have mentioned "Now go to question J1"...mean we have to skip H5 in any case?
That now go to question J1 is for applicants
"in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document"

BUT right now i am seeing application for dependents at the below link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

and the application says
This form is to be used for application made on or after 1 June 2009.. so i am confused where is 08/09 application form??

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf

hope i am looking at the right place..

can somebody give the links of 06/09 n 08/09 dependent forms??

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:42 pm

even the previous version (06/09) has this statement "This form is to be used for application made on or after 1 June 2009" on the very first page.....m really concerned now; I have 3 dependent and for 2 I have sent (06/09) and for one dependant I have sent (08/09) version.....I didnt notice this version thing until today...... don't know really whats gona happen :(

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:even the previous version (06/09) has this statement "This form is to be used for application made on or after 1 June 2009" on the very first page.....m really concerned now; I have 3 dependent and for 2 I have sent (06/09) and for one dependant I have sent (08/09) version.....I didnt notice this version thing until today...... don't know really whats gona happen :(
You dont need to worry as it is on or AFTER Jun 2009 not before..

Better call HO/ customerscare or send an email for clarification.. i think if 08/09 is compulsory (though i dont think) once u have ur ref no. they can recommend u to fill the new version application forms and send them with ref no.. but just try to contact them - NOTE, this is my opinion

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 am

Hi All,

I called UP HO and they don't have any information at what date they have amended the forms in BIA website.. I got the reference number today and I think sending the form 08/09 by quoting the reference is the good option. Any thoughts on this is really appreciated ??

Regards,
Novice

Novicespace
Newly Registered

Post by Novicespace » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Sapphire1974 wrote:The only difference I can see is addition of H5 on page 28; but I did not understand this; just below H4 they have mentioned "Now go to question J1"...mean we have to skip H5 in any case?
That now go to question J1 is for applicants
"in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document"

BUT right now i am seeing application for dependents at the below link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

and the application says
This form is to be used for application made on or after 1 June 2009.. so i am confused where is 08/09 application form??

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf

hope i am looking at the right place..

can somebody give the links of 06/09 n 08/09 dependent forms??
There is no difference I see in the two forms....