ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding maintaince funds!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mandalapu
Newly Registered

regarding maintaince funds!!

Post by mandalapu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:49 pm

1)
Hi, I want to apply tier-1 hsmp in jan/feb of 2010.
So for showing maintaince funds for 3 months , i want to take a personal loan now and put that in a savings acc.
will it be a problem whille applying for visa, because someone told that if we take a personal loan or borrowing from somebody to maintain funds, the authorities will ask for the source of the fund that we are showing..
if we say i took personal loan/borrowed from friend..they dont agree/allow us..
is it true??
while processing will they ask for the source of the funds ,like from where we got that much amount to maintain for 3 months??
2) they calculate points for income based on our our salary slips only.. right...i am asking this because , one of my friends who went recently UK told that if we take a personal loan, they will deduct that much amount(EMI) from our salary and calculate points only on the remainging amount...
is this correct?
Thanks for clarification :D
Suresh

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: regarding maintaince funds!!

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

mandalapu wrote:1)
Hi, I want to apply tier-1 hsmp in jan/feb of 2010.
So for showing maintaince funds for 3 months , i want to take a personal loan now and put that in a savings acc.
will it be a problem whille applying for visa, because someone told that if we take a personal loan or borrowing from somebody to maintain funds, the authorities will ask for the source of the fund that we are showing..
if we say i took personal loan/borrowed from friend..they dont agree/allow us..
is it true??
while processing will they ask for the source of the funds ,like from where we got that much amount to maintain for 3 months??
2) they calculate points for income based on our our salary slips only.. right...i am asking this because , one of my friends who went recently UK told that if we take a personal loan, they will deduct that much amount(EMI) from our salary and calculate points only on the remainging amount...
is this correct?
Thanks for clarification :D
Suresh
1.It doesn't matter from you get the money. As long as you have maintenance funds in your account you are fine. Nobody ask you about the source of the income.
2.Your friend is not correct. Earning points are calculated based "only" on your salary/income. From payslips you will be using GROSS monthly salary for point calculation.

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm

thanks for ur clarification..
and do we need to take a certificate that we have studied in english medium from our institute?
or is it sufficient if it is written in the degree certificate as medium of course -english
thanks
suresh

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 pm

mandalapu wrote:thanks for ur clarification..
and do we need to take a certificate that we have studied in english medium from our institute?
or is it sufficient if it is written in the degree certificate as medium of course -english
thanks
suresh
You have to get a certificate from your university as a proof for this.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:07 pm

thanks
suresh
For English Language

please check if your Masters Degree/ university/ course is recognized by the PBS Calculator and if you get points for the Educational and English sections.. than u dont need any certificates to prove apart from your ORIGINAL Masters Degree certificate..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:
thanks
suresh
If it is mention in your Degree Certificate that your medium of instruction was in English then you don't need to take certificate.
Besides, if your univerisity and course mentioned in the PBS list that is fine too.

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:48 pm

i am am Mtech fellow Indian Institute of Techmology .. Kharagpur..India..
on the original degree it doesnt menction anything abt medium of instruction...too bad..
but in the marks memo(statement of grades) in back side (in the general information table) it is written that
2.English is the medium of instruction at all levels
so i have to send the original degree + marks memo also, to the visa authorities??? will they see both??
or will they create any problem just by seeing the original degree(where there is no menction abt english)..
they should see the marks memo also.. right...?
thanks
suresh

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:02 pm

mandalapu wrote:i am am Mtech fellow Indian Institute of Techmology .. Kharagpur..India..
on the original degree it doesnt menction anything abt medium of instruction...too bad..
but in the marks memo(statement of grades) in back side (in the general information table) it is written that
2.English is the medium of instruction at all levels
so i have to send the original degree + marks memo also, to the visa authorities??? will they see both??
or will they create any problem just by seeing the original degree(where there is no menction abt english)..
they should see the marks memo also.. right...?
thanks
suresh
You can send the both. BUt if your Degree is mentioned in the PBS list of universities/courses then you don't need to. Just mention it in cover letter.

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:37 pm

yes ..while i am checking in the points based calculator
it is showing our university...
its enough right?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 pm

mandalapu wrote:yes ..while i am checking in the points based calculator
it is showing our university...
its enough right?
Yes.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 pm

chetanojha wrote:
ukjobaspirer wrote:
thanks
suresh
If it is mention in your Degree Certificate that your medium of instruction was in English then you don't need to take certificate.
Besides, if your univerisity and course mentioned in the PBS list that is fine too.
Follow advice given by tvn_ramesh above. Mention of medium of instruction in degree certificate or a letter from the University is no good.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:10 am

yes it is showing our university...
and one more final doubt i have...
after getting visa , when we are entering UK ,,will they check our maintaince funds once again?
my intention is just remove that money from our acccount immediately after getting visa...
thanks
suresh

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

mandalapu wrote:yes it is showing our university...
and one more final doubt i have...
after getting visa , when we are entering UK ,,will they check our maintaince funds once again?
my intention is just remove that money from our acccount immediately after getting visa...
thanks
suresh
Generally no but it depends on the Immigration Officer. It is good to have money in your account tp prove that you can manage yourself in case of trouble.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:36 pm

mandalapu wrote:my intention is just remove that money from our acccount immediately after getting visa...
thanks
suresh
The idea behind having the maintenance funds requirement is to ensure that you have access to those funds when you come to UK. What you intend to do is against that condition. As indicated bu Chetan above, immigration officer has absolute rights to satisfy himself re the conditions of the VISA.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:34 am

actually what i want to do is use that money after getting visa for some other needs ..
when i am ready to go UK,, again i can arrange some amount and put that in the account..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 pm

mandalapu wrote:actually what i want to do is use that money after getting visa for some other needs ..
when i am ready to go UK,, again i can arrange some amount and put that in the account..
As mentioned by Push n Chetan.. if you can arrange money into your account while entering UK and can show the proof (if asked by the immigration officer), i would say YES you can take the money for ur needs now and make sure u have maintenance funds back into your account probably with a bankstatement proof handy while u enter UK..