ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for indefinite leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:20 pm

linux44 wrote:tnx for ur reply
i am curently working as part of my degree course(placement) which is allowed on my visa.
there is nothing on the visa mentioning that i have student or hsmp visa
it

are u trying to say that the 10 year role could be change to higher number of years ?probebly 15 or more or something?

that is how my visa looks like without having the general teir 1 on it
Linux44, I dont know about you but generally on this forum you need to keep information like name, picture, visa number etc PRIVATE. With Identity fraud and all that i would suggest you blank out any infor that reveals your identity. If that is YOU actually.

Anyway you must know must which visa you applied for surely?

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 pm

tnx f2k for ur advice
i have already done that :)

my question is how would u know that it is student because it is not mentioning any thing in there and the only diffrence with hsmp is that ,they have a tier one (general ) instead of my limited leave to remain

lets make this clear,would some one applying to get visa for his/her study (degree course ,4 years)be eligible for hsmp ?or it is only graduates that can apply for HSMP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

linux44 wrote:tnx f2k for ur advice

my question is how would u know that it is student because it is not mentioning any thing in there and the only diffrence with hsmp is that ,they have a tier one (general ) instead of my limited leave to remain

lets make this clear,would some one applying to get visa for his/her study (degree course ,4 years)be eligible for hsmp ?or it is only graduates that can apply for HSMP
It's a student visa trust me - like I've said and others have to you must know what you applied for, how can you not know?

There is no HSMP - it's Tier 1 now and no you cannot apply cos you won;t have the earnings to get get the points.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:35 pm

It's a student visa trust me - like I've said and others have to you must know what you applied for, how can you not know?

it is a bit silly that i dont know what i have applied for ,i know it was a from my uni to extend my student visa .

so by the way it looks like i have to stay for another few year which probebly i wont:)
cause i was planning to get my indefinite ... and run my own business internationally .

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Wanderer wrote:

There is no HSMP - it's Tier 1 now and no you cannot apply cos you won;t have the earnings to get get the points.
I am not sure it is a student visa. the one in the first link provided clearly says Tier 1 (General) migrant. I thought student visa was Tier 4 or something. http://sapproduct.com/hsmp2.jpg by the way i can still see this. i cant see the second link though.

Anyway to be honest i am a bit surprised by the fact that you dont know what visa you applied for or have in your passport

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:42 pm

f2k wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I am not sure it is a student visa. the one in the first link provided clearly says Tier 1 (General) migrant. I thought student visa was Tier 4 or something. http://sapproduct.com/hsmp2.jpg by the way i can still see this. i cant see the second link though.

Anyway to be honest i am a bit surprised by the fact that you dont know what visa you applied for or have in your passport
#

i googled the first link

the second one is mine which is
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3826/53023792.png

my confusion is that ,they both look the same apart from one part of it as i described earlier

Filipinas

The Difference

Post by Filipinas » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Linux44,

Between the 2 visas that you have shown, the anotation of "Able to work as authorised by..." makes a lot of difference. Tier 1 is in itself a visa for a person to stay and work in UK while your visa is just allowing/permitting you to work but not expecting you to do so.

That's what I could see in the links that you gave. The latter is indeed a student visa. And as you mentioned it was a form from the university, then in a way linked with them than anything.

My take.

Filipinas

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:44 pm

OK thanks guys
to be honest i dont want to settle in the uk forever but i want to be able to come back for visit .
I have bought a flat in here ,so i could start renting it out and come back to uk if necessary.
my question is,after being in the uk for almost 5 years:
would it be easy for me to apply for new visa?
After coming and going to the uk for several years would i get some sort of uk permanent visa so i wont need to apply for visa each time i want to enter the country ?
i am happy to hear and accept any advice that could help me to plan my future

all of ur helps are appreciated
tnx

^Dmin
Newly Registered

Post by ^Dmin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

quick question with the new system that is taking effect from 2011 (Probationary Citizenship in the UK) ,does it mean that the long residence will be reduced from 10 to 5??so the person could apply for Probationary Citizenship after been in uk for 5 years on any visa and then british citizen?

the current proccess would take a minimum of 11 year ,10 year long resident for ILR and the a year on ILR and finally naturalization.is that current?
so does this mean new roles would be 8-9 years all together (5 year resident on any visa and then Probationary Citizenship and finally ILR or British citizenship?

tnx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

^Dmin wrote:quick question with the new system that is taking effect from 2011 (Probationary Citizenship in the UK) ,does it mean that the long residence will be reduced from 10 to 5??so the person could apply for Probationary Citizenship after been in uk for 5 years on any visa and then british citizen?

the current proccess would take a minimum of 11 year ,10 year long resident for ILR and the a year on ILR and finally naturalization.is that current?
so does this mean new roles would be 8-9 years all together (5 year resident on any visa and then Probationary Citizenship and finally ILR or British citizenship?

tnx
The feeling is from many is the 10 and 14 year stay rules will go completely to be replaced by nothing. To be honest, the 14 year rules is a reward for breaking the law for 14 years, and a 10 year student is an oxymoron to me....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 am

DELETED!