ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 REFUSAL bcos COS did not confirm maintenance.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

driyiola
Newly Registered

TIER 2 REFUSAL bcos COS did not confirm maintenance.

Post by driyiola » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:37 pm

hello all...my application was refused bcos of maintenance. i had a letter from my A rated nhs sponsor. but the embassy told me the COS did not confirm the letter. from wat i know, all you need is a letter form the sponsor. i've neva heard of that the cos the employer filled has to confirm the maintenance. caqn anybody pls tell me more about this. i'm totally confused now. thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear about that.. just wanted to know if you are given the right to appeal on ur rejected application now?

ash786
BANNED

Re: TIER 2 REFUSAL bcos COS did not confirm maintenance.

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 pm

driyiola wrote:hello all...my application was refused bcos of maintenance. i had a letter from my A rated nhs sponsor. but the embassy told me the COS did not confirm the letter. from wat i know, all you need is a letter form the sponsor. i've neva heard of that the cos the employer filled has to confirm the maintenance. caqn anybody pls tell me more about this. i'm totally confused now. thanks.
U post is not very clear and can u explain exactly wat it says in u refusal letter.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

If they didn't tick the box on the CoS (online)

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:48 pm

If they didn't tick the box on the CoS (online) then they are not confirming your funds and you will need to provide satisfactory bank statements. They should have provided you with the full 3-page printout of your CoS. There is a box to tick re maintenance funds (near the end). If they didn't tick it then you need statements - a letter is no good.

k820

Post by k820 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 pm

how much a person need to show if employer does not tick the maintance funbd ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:46 am

k820 wrote:how much a person need to show if employer does not tick the maintance funbd ?
800£

please see page 36 of HO Guidance.. Paragraph 205.. which says..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

205. In order to qualify for entry clearance or
leave to remain under Tier 2 an applicant must
show that he/she has enough money to support
himself/herself. The maintenance requirements
are that applicants must show they have at
least £800 of available funds

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 pm

800 minimum over a 3 month period is what the consulates look for.

boiboi
Newly Registered

Post by boiboi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:20 pm

dont know if this is still relevant but i checked out the lonk showing info required to fill out the c.o.s. and it doesnt ask to tick any box to confirm maintenance by employer. see below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... erence.pdf

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am

Actually that's correct. The sponsor can certify funds for the holder only under Tier 5, not T2 General. I mostly deal with tier 5.

So you would have needed to provide 3 months of bank statements. I assume you did not.

boiboi
Newly Registered

Post by boiboi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm

i dont understand yr reply. are you saying that what i said is right? that the employer does not have to tick any box to confirm that they'll sponsor the tier 2 applicant.
as far as the guidelines are concerned, all the employer needs to do is to send a letter mentioning the cos no. on the employers headed paper plus other info.

is that what u r suggesting?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm suggesting that in accordance with normal entry clearance procedures (where the applicant can sometimes have their maintenance funds verified by the sponsor OR the must verify their own maintenance funds by way of bank statements) it would seem that you should have provided bank statements.

When you made your entry clearance application or FLR application you would have been asked to verify you had sufficient funds. It seems you tried to do that by way of a letter from your sponsor.

You need to be more specific about the precise wording of why you were refused. You say it was because your sponsor didn't tick a box on the CoS to confirm your funds, but as we both now know, there is no such box on a Tier 2 CoS. So that would be a bogus reason for refusal. Having said that, you don't seem to have proved you have funds to their satisfaction (by way of bank statements). Therefore THAT would seem a valid reason for refusal.