ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds - multiple accounts (2 - UK , 1 - India)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaammmiii

Maintenance funds - multiple accounts (2 - UK , 1 - India)

Post by aaammmiii » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 pm

I would like to apply for HSMP to Tier1 extension in second week March2009 (my current visa expires on 28May2009)

I have an issue wrt Maintenance funds, in December for 2 days (15 and 16)I do not have enough funds in my bank account.
Since I transfer money from one UK Bank account(Halifax) to another UK bank account(HSBC). So even if I combine my accounts (UK) I still have the issue for these 2 days ( as the money disappears from one account and appears in the other only after 2-3 days in my case 2 days).

Can I show my Indian account (Citi NRE) and combine the 3 accounts for maintenance funds for 3 months?

I received Statements from CitiBank for NRE account. ( The statement has Bank name and logo, my name, account number, my address and the transactions for relevant dates but it says that "these are computer generated does not requre signature" as a footer) hope these statements are OK.

List of my questions:

1. Do I need to get a letter from CitiBank or not?
2. What should ask to put in it?
3. For my dependant I will provide the dependants bank account (to show £533) for 3 months is this acceptable?
4. UK accounts Halifax and HSBC
Halifax - I have a consolidated statement for 12 months
HSBC - 3 monthly statements
Do I have to get a letter from these banks as well?

Appreciate if some one who might provided Maintenance Funds supporting documents from multiple accounts guide me.

Many Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ami

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Dear All,

I would appreciate a response from anybody who have applied for Tier1 or knows someone else with more than one account for maintenance funds.

Many Thanks,
Amit

achpatil
Newly Registered

Post by achpatil » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Since your Visa doesnt expire until May.. The wise thing to do would be to wait until you have sufficient funds for 3 months in your account.

You are unnecessarily complicating things and giving excuse for the caseworker to deny your application.

My advice is... Dont complicate things.. Good luck

pbusa15
Newly Registered

Post by pbusa15 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm

I have maintained funds in into two saving accounts (in different banks)
for the last three months. Could anyone answer this question that showing the funds in
two accounts will be acceptable to immigration officer.

thanks,

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 pm

better if you keep 3 months statment in uk,but if not possible for you,u can use it by getting letter from indian bank that balance is ----- for last 3 months.

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 pm

Thank you all for your input, I will have to evaluate accordingly as per the Master's degree scene as it is applicable from 1stApril2009.

Will wait and see.

The issue is that in the month of December I had 4 days at the end that were not having £800 balance in the sum of both UK accounts.

I have one doubt though do they consider previous 3 Calender months or previous 3 statement months?

For example:
If I apply on 20March2009 will they consider
a) 3 Calender months (1Dec2008 - 28Feb2009)
or
b) 3 previous statment months (15Dec2008 - 14March2009)

Many thanks,
Amit

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Also I am interested to know if anybody has applied for Tier1 (extension or first time)

and have shown Maintenance Funds evidence using MORE THAN 1 bank account.

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:better if you keep 3 months statment in uk,but if not possible for you,u can use it by getting letter from indian bank that balance is ----- for last 3 months.
I have maintained balance in one of my UK account since Feb2009 but then I will have to wait until end of April2009 for the 3 months. This will be very risky if the Master's rule applies and will be surely rejected as I do not have Masters.

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 pm

pbusa15 wrote:I have maintained funds in into two saving accounts (in different banks)
for the last three months. Could anyone answer this question that showing the funds in
two accounts will be acceptable to immigration officer.

thanks,
I am in the same boat as you, I need information from the community here whether this will work or not.

Friends please help.

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 pm

achpatil wrote:Since your Visa doesnt expire until May.. The wise thing to do would be to wait until you have sufficient funds for 3 months in your account.

You are unnecessarily complicating things and giving excuse for the caseworker to deny your application.

I appreciate your point of view but I dont want to risk with the Masters degree thing.

Also do you know if the 3 months period is Calender months or the start of the first day of your bank statement.

bonvivz

Post by bonvivz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm

aaammmiii wrote:
achpatil wrote:Since your Visa doesnt expire until May.. The wise thing to do would be to wait until you have sufficient funds for 3 months in your account.

I appreciate your point of view but I dont want to risk with the Masters degree thing.

Also do you know if the 3 months period is Calender months or the start of the first day of your bank statement.
I think, the best will be 3 monthly statements showing that the funds available from a particular date, like in my case I intend to apply in 27th of May, so ideally I will count my statements

25th Feb - 25th Mar -> 1 month
25th Mar- 25th April -> 2nd month
25th April - 25th May -> 3rd Month.

Now my statements are issued on 17th of each month, however I can request HSBC to issue a statements from 25th Feb till 25th May.

Now coming back to having funds spread across various accounts, I am not sure whether they will consider overseas/NRI account but Its best to have funds in local account. If you have funds in two various accounts, you can prepare a spreadsheet consolidating two accounts and showing the funds meeting the criteria, this will enable the case worker to look for information wherever required.

z00ps00p
United Kingdom

Post by z00ps00p » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 pm

aaammmiii wrote:Also I am interested to know if anybody has applied for Tier1 (extension or first time)

I applied for Tier 1 using multiple fixed deposit accounts, but they were all held at the same bank. I haven't seen any requirement for the maintenance funds to all be in a single bank (or a single bank account), by the way, but it is probably difficult to impossible for the case worker to collate your multiple bank statements (if these are savings or current accounts) to see if your overall balance fell below £2,800 (or whatever) at any time.

It might be more useful, if you have the funds, to get letters from all the banks mentioning what the minimum balance was over the period of three months prior to the issue of each letter, and then tabulate the minimum balances in a table in your cover letter and sum them to show that the minimum balances over the entire three-month period exceeded the required amount.

Now if the minimum balances are too low for their sum to be sufficient, that's a more sticky situation.

You could try to provide a worksheet indicating a daily minimum balance for each account and summing the daily minimum balances to indicate that the overall balance never fell below the required amount and mention this in your cover letter alongside the bank statements, but of course it'd be up to the case worker to accept or reject it.

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:13 am

bonvivz wrote:
aaammmiii wrote:

I think, the best will be 3 monthly statements showing that the funds available from a particular date, like in my case I intend to apply in 27th of May, so ideally I will count my statements

25th Feb - 25th Mar -> 1 month
25th Mar- 25th April -> 2nd month
25th April - 25th May -> 3rd Month.

Now my statements are issued on 17th of each month, however I can request HSBC to issue a statements from 25th Feb till 25th May.

Now coming back to having funds spread across various accounts, I am not sure whether they will consider overseas/NRI account but Its best to have funds in local account. If you have funds in two various accounts, you can prepare a spreadsheet consolidating two accounts and showing the funds meeting the criteria, this will enable the case worker to look for information wherever required.
You can also show account from your NRI account with a letter from the bank about the account being accessible internationally.

I plan to apply sooner with a spreadsheet showing the minimum balance as a sum of the daily balances. Hope that will be considered.
Also I plan to get a customised letter from the bank about the minimum balance maintained for specific dates for all these accounts.
I need to know whether anybody else has done it or not?

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 am

z00ps00p wrote:
aaammmiii wrote:Also I am interested to know if anybody has applied for Tier1 (extension or first time)

I applied for Tier 1 using multiple fixed deposit accounts, but they were all held at the same bank. I haven't seen any requirement for the maintenance funds to all be in a single bank (or a single bank account), by the way, but it is probably difficult to impossible for the case worker to collate your multiple bank statements (if these are savings or current accounts) to see if your overall balance fell below £2,800 (or whatever) at any time.

It might be more useful, if you have the funds, to get letters from all the banks mentioning what the minimum balance was over the period of three months prior to the issue of each letter, and then tabulate the minimum balances in a table in your cover letter and sum them to show that the minimum balances over the entire three-month period exceeded the required amount.

Now if the minimum balances are too low for their sum to be sufficient, that's a more sticky situation.

You could try to provide a worksheet indicating a daily minimum balance for each account and summing the daily minimum balances to indicate that the overall balance never fell below the required amount and mention this in your cover letter alongside the bank statements, but of course it'd be up to the case worker to accept or reject it.
Did you get your VISA approved, when and where (how long did it take for the approval?)
Whether they considered the sum of these accounts or you had the full money for the whole month?
What supporting documents did you provide?

ahuria
Newly Registered

Did you get your visa approved?

Post by ahuria » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Hey aaammmiii

I read through your post and realized I am in the same boat. I meet the maintenace requirement of 2800 pounds only when I combine 2 savings accounts (one is a joint account) and that too only when I combine the daliy closing balances!

Did you finally show that work sheet and did that work?

Thanks!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Did you get your visa approved?

Post by push » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:40 pm

ahuria wrote:Hey aaammmiii

I read through your post and realized I am in the same boat. I meet the maintenace requirement of 2800 pounds only when I combine 2 savings accounts (one is a joint account) and that too only when I combine the daliy closing balances!

Thanks!
There is no reason why it should not work.

tier1worker
Newly Registered

Re: Did you get your visa approved?

Post by tier1worker » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 am

ahuria wrote:Hey aaammmiii

Thanks!

Hi,

I read an old post from you about maintenance funds being available in multiple accounts. I am also in the same situation. Wanted to ask you about your case, how did you finally apply and what was the outcome.

Any suggestions you can provide will be of great value.

z00ps00p
United Kingdom

Post by z00ps00p » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Three years late . . .
aaammmiii wrote:Did you get your VISA approved, when and where (how long did it take for the approval?)
Whether they considered the sum of these accounts or you had the full money for the whole month?
What supporting documents did you provide?
I did get my visa approved (and my post was after the approval). It took right around one month (January 7, 2009 until the first week of February if I remember correctly).

I applied via the British High Commission in Chennai, through VFS Bangalore.

They did consider the sum of the accounts mentioned in the letter from my bank; I didn't have enough money in a current or savings account, or in any one of the fixed deposit accounts.

As I was applying for a transitional Tier 1 (General), I provided my HSMP approval letter, the supporting documents provided as part of that application (degree certificate, letter from NARIC, payslips, bank statements), the visa screening documents (experience/relieving letters from employers, pay raise letters etc.), evidence of accommodation, and so on.