ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enpv

naturalisation application

Post by enpv » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:59 am

Hi there,
Thought some people might be interested in our experience with the application for naturalisation so far.
My 18 year old applied by post special delivery on the 3rd of October and we have not yet received any acknowledgement letter. My wife and myself went to Brent Council to use NCS there and applied on the 10th of October and today received the letter from Home Office confirming that our documents were received. It is obvious that NCS route is quicker and in our view represents a good value for money.
All our applications based on 5 year residency in UK, so we will see who gets the decision first. My initial thought was that it should be quicker in my daughter' case, no need for extensive checks I suppose but now we will see if applying via NCS route can deliver a faster outcome (hopefully positive!).
Will share our progress with the forum.

All the best,

enpv

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:17 pm

That is an interesting "experiment" although maybe not planned in that way ... testing the postal route against the NCS one.

Your daughter's application sent by Special Delivery .... the Post Office Track & Trace proves it arrived safely?

No doubt I am not the only one looking forward to receiving updates from you.
John

yorkking

hi john

Post by yorkking » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:24 pm

I would suggest that we open up a new thread to track progress of applications submitted and the progress as it happens.
IT may help people who are in the process of applying to get a perspective!!
John, what do u think, please?
ykk

flyez

Post by flyez » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:10 pm

I concur with yorkking. It allow applicants to have a rough idea about how long is a reasonable waiting time after their application has been received either by post or via NCS.

kp1

Post by kp1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:51 am

folks,

if anyone is interested, my application timeline...

*edited*

...now posted in the correct place!!!

enpv

naturalisation application update

Post by enpv » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:41 am

Now at the right place.
Hi,

My daughter applied (4yrs+1yr ILR) on 03/10/05 via special delivery post and her cheque was cleared on 31/10/05 but she received no acknowledgement letter so far. Also she sent in her original passport and other docs but nothing came back yet.
We applied via NCS at Brent on 10/10/05 on the same basis of 4yrs WP+1yrILR and the payment was taken on 14/10/05 and acknowledgement letter received on 18/10/05 together with docs we supplied. No decision yet in our case but I am concerned about my daughter's application. As we have no reference number for her application how can we check on the progress?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 am

As it says on this IND webpage it is currently taking an average of 4.04 months to deal with naturalisation applications.

Accordingly I don't think you have any reason to worry at this point in time. A bit of patience is required IMHO.
John

enpv

Post by enpv » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:09 am

John,

thanks for your reply. It just seems odd that they cleared the cheque a month ago but did not send an acknowledment letter at all.

enpv

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:18 am

enpv, do accept that office in Liverpool is extremely busy! The average number of new applications per working day is over 600. Towards the end of October .... people wanting to beat the new Citizenship Test requirement ... including you(?) ... probably pushed that figure over the 1000 applications mark per working day.

It will take a while for them to recover from that deluge of paper, but they will recover. We need to be a bit patient at this point in time.
John

enpv

Post by enpv » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:23 pm

John,

This sounds reassuring, thanks.
enpv

enpv

update

Post by enpv » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm

Yesterday received the approval letter together with invitation for BC ceremony for my wife and myself.
In summary our key dates are as follows:
Applied on 10/10/05 at Brent via NCS on a basis of 4 yrs WP + 1 yr
Payment taken on 14/10/05
Acknowledgement letter received 18/10/05
Approval dated 28/11/05, letter received 08/12/05
Ceremony date 16/01/06

Many thanks to this forum for all support and information.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:11 pm

enpv, congratulations to you and your wife! Hope you both enjoy the Citizenship Ceremony next month.

So you ended up getting the "application approved" letters just under two months after the attendance at the NCS office. That compares with the average ... now down to 3.99 months.
John

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:14 pm

Congratulations enpv.

Have you heard anything about your daughter's application?
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

enpv

Post by enpv » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:29 pm

Many thanks for your kind notes. As for my daughter application, no we have not received anything yet. So our 'small study' supports the view that NCS route is significantly faster than applying by post.

kind regards,
enpv

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:35 pm

As I posted in this topic on 14th October :-
That is an interesting "experiment" although maybe not planned in that way ... testing the postal route against the NCS one.
Do please let us know when your daughter gets her "application approved" letter.
John

enpv

Post by enpv » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:47 pm

John,

Certainly, I will.

Kind regards,

enpv