ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 SUCCESS STORIES AND PROCESSING TIMES?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranafaisal101
Newly Registered

TIER 4 SUCCESS STORIES AND PROCESSING TIMES?

Post by ranafaisal101 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 am

PLZ ITS REQUESTED TO SHARE THIER SUCCESS STORIES ,THE PEOPLE WHO GOT THEIR TIER 4 VISA AND THE PROCESSING TIMES.I HOPE IT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING AND HELPFUL FOR LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO ARE GOING TO APPLY OR EXPECTING RESULTS.THANKS

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT IF TIER 4 FILE COME BACK IN 10 TO 15 DAYS ITS USUALY BAD NEWS AND IF ITS COME BACK IN BETWEEN 6 TO 8 WEEK AND YOU DIDT MESS WITH YOUR HELD FUNDS THEN ITS MOST PROBABLY GOOD NEWS.

NOTE;PLZ MENTION TOTAL DAYS NOT WORKING DAYS.
Last edited by ranafaisal101 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

saagoo_11
Newly Registered

Post by saagoo_11 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:36 am

some of my friends got their file back it 12 to 13 days, and all had secured their visas where as i got my file back in 8 days but i didnt get the visas.
so if it takes 12 or more days to get the file, it is more likely that u may have got ur student visas.

ranafaisal101
Newly Registered

Post by ranafaisal101 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:40 pm

THANKS ALOT SHARAD FOR YOUR COMMENT, I HOPE MORE PEOPLE WILL COMMENT ON IT TO GET A ANALYSIS RESULT.

raw33
Newly Registered

a doubt

Post by raw33 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello
I have applied through a college in jan 2009, had biometrics in march, no response yet, whenever i call HO they say its under process.

My problem is the college on which i have applied is not on the ukba list of sponsored colleges, not in a or b rating, nowhere!!!

So will there b any problems now???

ranafaisal101
Newly Registered

Re: a doubt

Post by ranafaisal101 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 pm

i am just surprised to know that ,even such a long time passed and you are just waiting the case you should contact your neasrt ukba office or at least drop a mail.because its too late for a study visa case.

raw33
Newly Registered

Its not only my case

Post by raw33 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 am

Rana, Its not only me whoz waiting for such a long time without any information of whats happening out there with our visa extension!!!!

There are so many students who have applied in Jan, before Jan, had their biometrics and they still haven't got any response yet.

I've heard from one of my friend that HO decided to keep most of the applications on hold at a go of six months, now that those who've applied along with me in Jan and if the above said info is right then our applications wud be processed now :(

And few of my fnds who applied in and out of january had got their passports back with a positive result. Cheers to them!!!! :P

However, in my case as i mentioned earlier the time when i applied there wasn't anything called ukba sponsored list of college or A or B rating stuff.

So, if they start my processing and end up with my college not being listed in their NOW list then i would be in trouble man!!! :shock:

Will this kind of stuff is possible to happen???

ranafaisal101
Newly Registered

Re: Its not only my case

Post by ranafaisal101 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 am

]JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST,YOU KNOW ITS A VERY WELL KNOWN SAYING
"NO NEWS IS A GOOD NEWS"I THINK ITS NOT YOUR MISTAKE THAT YOUR COLLEGE IS NOT IN A UKBA REGISTER COLLEGES.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Its not only my case

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

[quote="ranafaisal101"]]JUST HOPE FOR THE BEST,YOU KNOW ITS A VERY WELL KNOWN SAYING
"NO NEWS IS A GOOD NEWS"I THINK ITS NOT YOUR MISTAKE THAT YOUR COLLEGE IS NOT IN A UKBA REGISTER COLLEGES.[/quote

Hi

it would be very difficult to get visa as college is no more in list.

I believe your best option would be to make a fresh application with sponsor license college.

UK Immigration

raw33
Newly Registered

FRESH APPLICAITON?

Post by raw33 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 am

Hi

How can i make a fresh application when there isn't any response or outcome, i called yesterday and they said i need to continue to wait as my application is still under progress.

I even asked '' has it been started yet at least?''

And the response was ''STILL UNDER PROCESS''

This is my 25th week running.

Can u tell me what exactly u mean by a fresh application and if i do that dont you think thats gonna create even more problem???

If my college is not in the list, then what the hell is HO doing, why dont they send a query to my college or me or simply reject my visa...whats their problem man.............its a frustrated feeling which i cant explain.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

Hi

You should expect a refusal from home office I can not tell when.

So first wait for decision and then apply in another license college and apply agian.

Have you email to embassy or write any letter to embassy.

You should contact them and ask for decision.

Do not sit do something.Call them,fax them or write them and ask for decision.

Why the hell they are taking so long.

You can not apply until your decision is reached so you have to wait for decision.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

raw33
Newly Registered

Post by raw33 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:49 am

The thing is as i said at the time of applying my visa extension, my course wasn't ukba registered and later on my college guys feared i might get a query or refusal so they suggested me to change my course to a uk awarding body one and which i did.

My college provided me with course termination letter, one covering letter which said - College is terminating me upon my request and this student has been re-joined in to so and so course which is a uk awarding body certified one, i submitted all the papers with my HO reference number by that time i had my biometrics recorded.

I even asked my college guys that this looks very risky, but i was assured everything is gonna be fine, and if i write a letter, i fear i might get a query or such which will further worsen my problem.

Why don't they take any action first, and if i keep my quiet and continue to wait, tell me until what time should i??

How would it be if my college guys write a letter to them??

Is it only me whoz not application has been put on hold or is not been processed yet after biometrics?? I don't think so coz i have read so many students yelling out on this forum that they too haven't received any response, theirs story is pretty much similar as mine!!!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 am

Hi

Well as I said above if college has no sponsor license then you have little chance.I am afraid.Even you get visa how you would satisfy immigration officer at airport.

Would he give you entry easily.i don't think so sorry

Dont go with college view as they are always for money and no idea about immigration.

UK_Banned_Member

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:01 pm

My wife applied for TIER 4 in Jan and still waiting... Almost 32 weeks now and same answer " Under process ".

What is this crap by HO?
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 am

Hi

Home office is taking too long to decide your application.

But why with you.

UK_Banned_Member

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:13 am

I don't know why :(
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello,

Do anyone knows what is the typical waiting times for applying student visa extension now? I get an impression that you can only query about your submitted application 14 weeks after the submission. Is that mean normally most of candidate get their extension in approximaately 3 months time?

Now, what I understand is, few weeks after we submit application for extension we will then informed to make an appointment to do finger prints and photograph (biometric data). Some said that appointment to do biometric is not happening straight away as they have a long backlog, is this true?

My husband due to renew his visa end of Oct, but we think of doing it earlier because we are going to go back home for Christmas. He had submitted his ATAS almost 2 weeks ago, have heard nothing yet. We were thinking about applying in person as our last resort.

Hope someone can share some positive experience :-) thanks!