ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP - PSW WITH BIOMETRIC

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mackie
Newly Registered

HELP - PSW WITH BIOMETRIC

Post by Mackie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum. I appreciate if someone can advise the following.

I have sent my PSW application on the 30 May 2009, and did the biometric on the 12 June.

Now it has been nearly 3 months, I called ukba yesterday, they said it is still under consideration!

I am really worried and not sure if there has been a delay because of the biometric?

Did anyone have the same problem? Could someone give me some advise please?

Many thanks!

ash786
BANNED

Re: HELP - PSW WITH BIOMETRIC

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Mackie wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum. I appreciate if someone can advise the following.

I have sent my PSW application on the 30 May 2009, and did the biometric on the 12 June.

Now it has been nearly 3 months, I called ukba yesterday, they said it is still under consideration!

I am really worried and not sure if there has been a delay because of the biometric?

Did anyone have the same problem? Could someone give me some advise please?

Many thanks!
No it can not be due to Biometric as if it was they wud have got in touch with you.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 pm

as far as i kno u dnt need biometric for the psw... correct me if im wrong..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 pm

MACY wrote:as far as i kno u dnt need biometric for the psw... correct me if im wrong..
Thats exactly wat i thought but wen the OP said that he did the biometric i was a bit confused as well.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 am

ho only ask 4 biomatric whenever their is some cofussion like 2 people got the same name and date of birth and 1 might got a criminal record or something like that

Mackie
Newly Registered

Post by Mackie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:36 am

I think if you apply for the initial PSW now, HO will ask you to do the biometric. No biometric for switching from IGS to PSW.

Some friends applied for the extension, they did not take biometric and got visa back fairly quickly! So I thought it may be the biometric slows the process down?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Mackie wrote:I think if you apply for the initial PSW now, HO will ask you to do the biometric. No biometric for switching from IGS to PSW.

Some friends applied for the extension, they did not take biometric and got visa back fairly quickly! So I thought it may be the biometric slows the process down?
No biometric is not required for initial applications.

Mackie
Newly Registered

Post by Mackie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 am

ash786 wrote:
Mackie wrote:I think if you apply for the initial PSW now, HO will ask you to do the biometric. No biometric for switching from IGS to PSW.

No biometric is not required for initial applications.

Not sure how the system works, but I did it, and so did some other friends. We made applications around May/June time.