ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do not have birth certificate..?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Do not have birth certificate..?

Post by nina.roy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Hello All,

I am appling under Skilled immigration for permanent residency to Canada. I am also the primary applicant.

I have been asked to submit all up to date documents of myself and my husband for processing. My husband is applying as my dependant in my application. He was born in india, but does not have a birth certificate. I found out the process of getting one issued and it could take months for that to come through. But unfortunately my deadline to submit the documents is Oct 09.

Can anyone advice how significant is a birth cert in this PR application? My husband has a passport, 10th certificate (gcse eqv) and UK driving licence that all confirm his date of birth.

All my documents are ready and I am the main applicant. Will my application get delayed because of one dependant missing document?

Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Nina.

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:03 am

Submit all the other docs in good time with a covering letter explaining the situation and that you will forward the birth cert on when it arrives. I would also enclose copies of correspondence you have sent requesting the cert.

At least they can get on with the other checks in the meantime. If, when all checks are complete, the cert has still not arrived, I would think this would definitely delay your application.

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Post by nina.roy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks Richter..... what is your status? Are u applying for Canadian immigration too?

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

We have been through process and have PR. Aiming to go in couple of years.

nina.roy
Newly Registered

Post by nina.roy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Wow excellent Richter!! Congrats!! :)

Can you tell me how long did it take CIC to respond back to you after you had submitted all the requested documents (birth cert/police clearance/passports/funds etc) ? I'm guessing their verification process also takes a couple of months. Is that true?

Thanks

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Do not have birth certificate..?

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:31 pm

nina.roy wrote:
Nina.
If you don’t have a birth certificate, you can make an affidavit that you were born on so and so date and this fact would be testified with your educational certificate and passport date details. The solicitors normally have a template of such affidavit.
Do you have any “Ration Cardâ€