ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying to immigrate as skilled worker - where to apply?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellovancouver
Newly Registered

Applying to immigrate as skilled worker - where to apply?

Post by hellovancouver » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm a UK resident and I plan to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. I've filled out the application form and included my partner on this, however I'm unsure as to whether I need to send this to London or to Sydney, Novia Scotia, Canada? I heard something about a fast-track programme and how the process has changed, but can't find any info on this?

Also, do I need to send all notarised documents now or just send the application form without these and send later when advised?

There seems to be conflicting instructions on the main application guidance notes versus the local visa office specific notes. Help!

Thanks in advance :)

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Applying to immigrate as skilled worker - where to apply

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:11 pm

hellovancouver wrote:I'm a UK resident and I plan to immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker. I've filled out the application form and included my partner on this, however I'm unsure as to whether I need to send this to London or to Sydney, Novia Scotia, Canada? I heard something about a fast-track programme and how the process has changed, but can't find any info on this?

Also, do I need to send all notarised documents now or just send the application form without these and send later when advised?

There seems to be conflicting instructions on the main application guidance notes versus the local visa office specific notes. Help!

Thanks in advance :)

It state clearly on CIC website:-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... .asp#step5

5. Submit your application
Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the federal skilled worker application package.
Please note: You must submit your federal skilled worker application to the Centralized Intake Office and not to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence, as was the case in the past.
For more detailed information, consult the Federal Skilled Worker Application Package.
New: All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their initial application to the Centralized Intake Office in Canada as of April 1, 2009.

The fast track application is nothing but new 38 occupation list application. CHC say that they will process these applications fast i.e. within one year.

You have to send all required documents with your initial application. They will ask you once again for updated documents when they start processing your file.

Good Luck!

hellovancouver
Newly Registered

Post by hellovancouver » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 am

Hi tuhadda_fuffar

Yes, I did see point 5., but to be honest I wanted to double check, as this is only a recent development, as before when I first started looking into this you had to submit to your local visa office ie. in my case, London.

I'm one of the 38 occupations on the list too, so very happy about that.

I think the main notes to the application state docs should be either certified or notarised, in which case I'm going to go down the route of using the Post Office's new service to vertify documents, which I got from another post by someone on this forum.

Thanks for your help. Are you in the process of immigrating or have you already done so?

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm

hellovancouver wrote:Hi tuhadda_fuffar

Yes, I did see point 5., but to be honest I wanted to double check, as this is only a recent development, as before when I first started looking into this you had to submit to your local visa office ie. in my case, London.

I'm one of the 38 occupations on the list too, so very happy about that.

I think the main notes to the application state docs should be either certified or notarised, in which case I'm going to go down the route of using the Post Office's new service to vertify documents, which I got from another post by someone on this forum.

Thanks for your help. Are you in the process of immigrating or have you already done so?
Hi there,

Yeah i have applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2007 in CHC London. I got my file number in May 2007. They asked me for additional docs in April 2009 and I sent them in July 2009.

My occupation is also on 38 list but unfortunately I am on old rules, no fast-track for me!!!! :roll: