ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Bank statements for Tier 4

Post by houman1979 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Dear All,

I am going to apply for Tier 4 next week. According to guidance before 1st oct 2009, I should only show that I have the money required at the time of apply. What does it mean by "at the time of application"? It means I should have money in my bank account until the decision made? But currently I got a bank statements dated two days ago to show the embassy and it is impossible to get a bank statement on the day of application (because its translation takes a week).
Therefore could you please let me know that if this bank statement is enough and genuine? And what they mean by that sentence? In theire previous guidance it was stated that I could show a bank statement dated one month ago covering 28 days, then my bank statement dated two days ago covering one month (but the required money is held for one day only at balance) is good?

Thank you in advance

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm

when u made an application u need 2 got that money,in simple words its the closing balance of ur account.the last date of statement also bear in mind it shud not b more than one month old from the date of application.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Thank you. As I told you the date of statement is two days ago and I am going to apply next wednesday. Closing amount of statement is higher than the money needed. But I will withdraw some parts of money next week before apply and on next wednesday I wont have the required money in bank account (but my statement correct). Therefore, will my statement acceptable as the embassy relies on it?

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 am

Personally, I wont be withdrawing any money until I get my visa. Few cases you find that your application is returned or rejected for various reasons. In that case you may have to apply fresh and then the bank statement with the required amount will be hard for you to show.

Forget about all that I said if you are 100% confident that nothing will go wrong.

As far as you withdrawing money from account after the bank statement date, you are fine with it.
houman1979 wrote:Thank you. As I told you the date of statement is two days ago and I am going to apply next wednesday. Closing amount of statement is higher than the money needed. But I will withdraw some parts of money next week before apply and on next wednesday I wont have the required money in bank account (but my statement correct). Therefore, will my statement acceptable as the embassy relies on it?

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:30 am

Thank you ukvisa2004.

But I am get confused as I couldnt understand form your comment that it is fine to withdraw after the statement date or not? I think it is fine because how embassy check my money in the account? Banks are very reluctant to provide account information to third party.Therefore, embassy could only rely on my statement.

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 pm

sorry for not making it clear in the first instance.

Let say you go to bank and get a bank statement for the period 10 july 2009 - 10 August 2009. Now you can withdraw money after you have received your bank statement. So let say you withdraw money on 11th August. You then can apply for visa using the above mentioned bank statement on 13th August. Its absolutely fine, since you are showing the money till 10th august only and not after that date for visa.

Hope it is clear to you.

houman1979 wrote:Thank you ukvisa2004.

But I am get confused as I couldnt understand form your comment that it is fine to withdraw after the statement date or not? I think it is fine because how embassy check my money in the account? Banks are very reluctant to provide account information to third party.Therefore, embassy could only rely on my statement.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you very much ukvisa2004. I have another question for my confidence: signature on my visa letter is not original and it is scanned one. Therefore, I think according to guidance it is acceptable?

Best Regards

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:08 pm

YES
houman1979 wrote:Thank you very much ukvisa2004. I have another question for my confidence: signature on my visa letter is not original and it is scanned one. Therefore, I think according to guidance it is acceptable?

Best Regards

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Thank you for your help.
I have another question. I am going to apply alongside my dependant. My statemtent show enough money for myself and my spouse and fee. Then, at the time of apply, single statement in my name with required money is enough or my spouse should provide a statement for herself sepeately?

Thank you in advance.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Houman, only your account will be enough for you and your spouse.

Another thing, you should not take money out of your account unless your case has been decided or at least the bank verification is made by the embassy. Because if u take out some of your money from bank and the bank does verify your current balance to the embassy, then you will be in GREAT TROUBLE. Your application will be refused instantly.

But if you are 100% sure that such thing will not happen then go ahead and do it.

P.S if you are applying after 20 august, then you can also use your parent's bank account to show that you have enough funds. But for that you would need an affidavit of financial support from your parents to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer.

ukstudent911
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statements for Tier 4

Post by ukstudent911 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 am

bro they will verify ur bank statement from the respective bank Head quarter not from the branch if u r applying from pak,