ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa - Documents clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Dependant Visa - Documents clarification

Post by anishpadela » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 pm

Guys

I wasn going through some of the posts related to depedant's visa application and found some documents which are being used while applying....need some clarification about those...

1. Rental agreement: Is this the document which is available at any UK stationary store and just need to be filled in signed by both parties....or it requires some city council approval or stamp on this....

2. Utility Bill: What bills will come under this....in case no utility bills are under our name can we use bank statement which has address as confirmation...

3. Payslips: IS it really required to give payslips to VFS now??? I think they are more concerned about maintanance funds...if that bank statement is perfect...you are through...At the max we can provide employment verifcation letter which has salary mentioned on that....should serve the purpose...isn't it?

Can you people share your thoughts on this....

Rgds
Anis

push
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Visa - Documents clarification

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 pm

anishpadela wrote:1. Rental agreement: Is this the document which is available at any UK stationary store and just need to be filled in signed by both parties....or it requires some city council approval or stamp on this....
This is the one that you sign with your landlord. You can get a soft copy online (small price to pay) or WH Smith stores. It is not absolutely necessary to provide the same while applying for Tier-1 dependant VISA but people do so to prove that they have made arrangements for the stay of their dependants.
anishpadela wrote:2. Utility Bill: What bills will come under this....in case no utility bills are under our name can we use bank statement which has address as confirmation...
Could be Gas, electricity, water or telephone bill. Even Bank statements are fine, although I dont know why this needs to be provided in the first place?
anishpadela wrote:3. Payslips: IS it really required to give payslips to VFS now??? I think they are more concerned about maintanance funds...if that bank statement is perfect...you are through...At the max we can provide employment verifcation letter which has salary mentioned on that....should serve the purpose...isn't it?
Pay slips? why? As long as you have adequate maintenance funds you can get dependant VISA even if the main applicant is un-employed

anishpadela

Re: Dependant Visa - Documents clarification

Post by anishpadela » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
anishpadela wrote:1. Rental agreement: Is this the document which is available at any UK stationary store and just need to be filled in signed by both parties....or it requires some city council approval or stamp on this....
This is the one that you sign with your landlord. You can get a soft copy online (small price to pay) or WH Smith stores. It is not absolutely necessary to provide the same while applying for Tier-1 dependant VISA but people do so to prove that they have made arrangements for the stay of their dependants.
anishpadela wrote:2. Utility Bill: What bills will come under this....in case no utility bills are under our name can we use bank statement which has address as confirmation...
Could be Gas, electricity, water or telephone bill. Even Bank statements are fine, although I dont know why this needs to be provided in the first place?
anishpadela wrote:3. Payslips: IS it really required to give payslips to VFS now??? I think they are more concerned about maintanance funds...if that bank statement is perfect...you are through...At the max we can provide employment verifcation letter which has salary mentioned on that....should serve the purpose...isn't it?
Pay slips? why? As long as you have adequate maintenance funds you can get dependant VISA even if the main applicant is un-employed
Push you seem to be logical.....what abt this council tax? Is it again the document which is required? I doubt.....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Nope. What for?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

employer letter that you are doing full time job ..is it not needed?

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Hope2007 wrote:employer letter that you are doing full time job ..is it not needed?
I dont know why this is required...as this is not a problem to manage but still this does not serve much purpose as long as required funds are in account, i believe...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Hope2007 wrote:employer letter that you are doing full time job ..is it not needed?
Why do you need it? Can you please explain?
regards,
push

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm

just to prove that you have a job that pays you consistent money coming in ...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Hope2007 wrote:just to prove that you have a job that pays you consistent money coming in ...
Thats not required. Even an unemployed Tier-1 (G) applicant bring his family here. The dependent's maintenance funds requirement has been set for this purpose only.
regards,
push

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
Hope2007 wrote:just to prove that you have a job that pays you consistent money coming in ...
Thats not required. Even an unemployed Tier-1 (G) applicant bring his family here. The dependent's maintenance funds requirement has been set for this purpose only.
As I am on onsite assignment, the Indian account which I am planning to use to get statement will have offshore salary credited and will be reflected in that statement as salary paid...will that be concern for BHC??

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:44 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
Just one rider to that - have a look at the section 7 of the dependant application form

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:39 am

push_hsmp wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
Just one rider to that - have a look at the section 7 of the dependant application form
Push...I have gone through this section and thats why I am planning to include my employer's letter as evidence for section 7.14...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Good. Sorry, I missed that point earlier. I looked at that point in relation to maintenance funds only and thought why on earth this is needed.

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm

why have they asked questions like this in that guideliness for dependant

If you have a UK National Insurance Number what is the number?

Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

say if someone needed workpermit in 2006/07, it is the employer who applies for wp for the employee? how does this question relate ?

cant understand this visa application for dependant....if they have this for incountry application ,it makes sense...