ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Granted! Only took 11 days. Thanks Everyone!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sm97os
Newly Registered

EEA2 Granted! Only took 11 days. Thanks Everyone!

Post by sm97os » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. I applied for the EEA2 on August 3 and received my passport back with residence card on August 14! I am very surprised after hearing some of the horror stories.

All I included in the app was the two passports, 3 paystubs from my wife's job, a marriage cert, and a letter from her employer.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:20 pm

A UKBA record! :)

I guess much older applications are still chewing the dust... :?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 Granted! Only took 11 days. Thanks Everyone!

Post by Ben » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

sm97os wrote:I applied for the EEA2 on August 3 and received my passport back with residence card on August 14!
Bloody hell. :shock:
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm

CONGRATS! That's a first! Much as I'm happy for you (and believe me, I am!), I feel for those who have been waiting for well over six months (some as long as twelve). Most with 'straightforward' cases as well!
All the same, WELL DONE you! :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm

The Department of Incompetence is starting to break record.

Although i wouldn't necessarily say true change, is starting to emerge.

I believe it is one of those luck of the draw thing.

However, i am truly pleased for you OP and wish you every success for the future
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Obie wrote:The Department of Incompetence is starting to break record.

Although i wouldn't necessarily say true change, is starting to emerge.

I believe it is one of those luck of the draw thing.

However, i am truly pleased for you OP and wish you every success for the future
Rember guys HO promised to clear all the back lot and get the service back to standard of 2 weeks time by December 2009. Seems like they are working on it. Congrats mate. Well done.
KESH

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:50 pm

keshgrover wrote: Rember guys HO promised to clear all the back lot and get the service back to standard of 2 weeks time by December 2009. Seems like they are working on it.
Well and good! But shouldn't they be 'working on it' in the order of first come first served? Starting with those whose applications have been gathering dust for months and months? :idea:

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 am

Rozen wrote:
keshgrover wrote: Rember guys HO promised to clear all the back lot and get the service back to standard of 2 weeks time by December 2009. Seems like they are working on it.
Well and good! But shouldn't they be 'working on it' in the order of first come first served? Starting with those whose applications have been gathering dust for months and months? :idea:
I know where you coming from but it is very unfortunate that people those have been waiting for long will get their status with the people those applied very recently. And it is also good to see that HO is putting their efforts to get it all sorted.
KESH

Eric-Poole

Cheating the stats

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 am

Processing new applications over a very short period helps stats look better (don't forget that the issue of UKBA processing time was questioned at Parliament on 1st June 09, so UKBA will have to show some quick signs of improvement)

While sorting the older applications would be the logical and fair way to approach the problem, this wouldn't have much effect on the stats.

This is yet another example of the short thinking of UK government institutions and UKBA in particular. Since under Labour everything is now target based, people are now taking the easy way rather than sorting the problem at source !

Cheers. Eric

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am

keshgrover wrote:
Rozen wrote:Well and good! But shouldn't they be 'working on it' in the order of first come first served? Starting with those whose applications have been gathering dust for months and months? :idea:
I know where you coming from but it is very unfortunate that people those have been waiting for long will get their status with the people those applied very recently. And it is also good to see that HO is putting their efforts to get it all sorted.
No they will not! Going by the looks of things, if UKBA is working on the most current applications quickly to improve the stats, then the people who are in the backlog from long ago, will still continue to languish! That's my point. So their efforts are back to front, if you ask me. Not fair on the older applicants! Anyway... rant over. (I'm still hung over from a late night, last night :roll: )