ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr And Human Right Act, Want to settle down.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softmind82

Ilr And Human Right Act, Want to settle down.

Post by softmind82 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi

I need a genuine advice regarding ILR in the UK.

I came to UK in july 2002 on student visa and remained on student visa until june 2008 and since then i am on PWS visa which will be expiring on june 2010.

I am really worried about my future as i want to settle down in the UK and do not know what to do, even one of our baby was born in the UK 2 months ago.

So all together it will be 8 years when my leave will expire.

Please advice me on that and some one told me that if your baby was born in the UK and you been LIVING HERE from last 7 years then you can apply for ILR on some human rights act etc.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Ilr And Human Right Act, Want to settle down.

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:56 pm

softmind82 wrote:Hi

I need a genuine advice regarding ILR in the UK.

I came to UK in july 2002 on student visa and remained on student visa until june 2008 and since then i am on PWS visa which will be expiring on june 2010.

I am really worried about my future as i want to settle down in the UK and do not know what to do, even one of our baby was born in the UK 2 months ago.

So all together it will be 8 years when my leave will expire.

Please advice me on that and some one told me that if your baby was born in the UK and you been LIVING HERE from last 7 years then you can apply for ILR on some human rights act etc.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
The 7 year child concession was stopped sometime last year.
http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/re ... -04082.pdf
Your best options would be to switch to Tier1 / Tier 2 if possible. otherwise you will need to come up with another plan to stay here legally after June 2010