ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

No, it is defenitely doesn't apply to EEA2 according to this:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... oservices/

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

You are right, the text specifies "EEA nationals" which would imply EEA1/EEA3 only.

"EEA nationals can apply for registration certificates in person at our public enquiry office in Croydon, but this service is in high demand and appointments need to be booked approximately two months in advance. You will need to make an appointment before you visit the office."

Cheers. Eric

Soda
Newly Registered

Re: Appointment in Croydon

Post by Soda » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:48 am

Eric-Poole wrote:Soda,

Have you tried to request a personal appointment in Croydon?

"EEA nationals can apply for registration certificates in person at our public enquiry office in Croydon, but this service is in high demand and appointments need to be booked approximately two months in advance. You will need to make an appointment before you visit the office.

For details of the public enquiry office's location, its opening times and how to make an appointment, see the section on Applying in person.
(....)
If you make your application in person at the Croydon public enquiry office, we will usually process your application on the same day.
"

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... plication/

It is not clear from the UKBA website if there is a charge for application in person - but I would not be surprised because they charge several hundreds of pounds for similar service for other types of visas. Let me know if you try this way.

Cheers, Eric

by RC I actually meant Residence Card or Permanent residence card as we are applying for EEA4. So unfortunately the Croydon option will not work for us.

Cheers.

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Soda,
I know exactly what you saying, my husband had to loose many business oportunities and connections because of the uncertain travel status(he is the applicant). and we also ready to pay cash for getting RC in a week time!!! but: a) who you can trust to do so? solicitors can get only an advice and assistance and lawyers take a lot of money, time and still there is a great level of uncertaincy...
b)why do we have to go tru all the hardships and splash cash to make law on our side, if it is on our side already and we haven't done anything wrong... but being prisoners by our own wish and UKBA requirements and pathetic services...confused...totally...

mourad

Post by mourad » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:41 pm

sm97os

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:53 pm Post subject: EEA2 Granted! Only took 11 days. Thanks Everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sm97os

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. I applied for the EEA2 on August 3 and received my passport back with residence card on August 14! I am very surprised after hearing some of the horror stories.

All I included in the app was the two passports, 3 paystubs from my wife's job, a marriage cert, and a letter from her employer.

hi guys i just wanted to share with you the experience of this dude posted on another thread i hope everyone will be happy for her or him and i hope it wont deepen your despair as much as it did with me .
hang in there

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm

[/quote]

sm97os

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:53 pm Post subject: EEA2 Granted! Only took 11 days. Thanks Everyone!
[quote]
Honestly? it makes me wanna cry...
I am glad for that lucky chap, but...grrrrrrrr why is it so ufair for God sake?!!!!

Soda
Newly Registered

Post by Soda » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 pm

sharmarina wrote:Soda,
I know exactly what you saying, my husband had to loose many business oportunities and connections because of the uncertain travel status(he is the applicant). and we also ready to pay cash for getting RC in a week time!!! but: a) who you can trust to do so? solicitors can get only an advice and assistance and lawyers take a lot of money, time and still there is a great level of uncertaincy...
b)why do we have to go tru all the hardships and splash cash to make law on our side, if it is on our side already and we haven't done anything wrong... but being prisoners by our own wish and UKBA requirements and pathetic services...confused...totally...
Forget about solicitors who are just processing your application on your behalf. What you need is a real lawyer who just sues the HO because the HO is breaking the law as the Inland Revenue would do if you stop paying taxes.
As for why the UKBA is not more efficient? Simple: as we are not UK citizen, we can't vote and the UK government doesn't want to spend money for processing EU applications as it has very little say on it. On top of it, the Uk government gave all the money to banks a few months earlier. Add the unemployment figures and you get the picture.

mourad

Post by mourad » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:22 pm

sharmarina wrote:

sm97os

Honestly? it makes me wanna cry...
I am glad for that lucky chap, but...grrrrrrrr why is it so ufair for God sake?!!!!
me too dear friend me too!

k71egm
Newly Registered

Post by k71egm » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 pm

mourad wrote:sm97os

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sm97os

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. I applied for the EEA2 on August 3 and received my passport back with residence card on August 14! I am very surprised after hearing some of the horror stories.

All I included in the app was the two passports, 3 paystubs from my wife's job, a marriage cert, and a letter from her employer.

hi guys i just wanted to share with you the experience of this dude posted on another thread i hope everyone will be happy for her or him and i hope it wont deepen your despair as much as it did with me .
hang in there
Congratulations to him!!! Well done!!! Excellent job!!!

Could it be that applications involving US American citizens are somehow getting processed faster ? Any US Americans which would like to share their success rate ?

aussiegirl

inconsistencies!!

Post by aussiegirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

I too am glad for the people that get their cards so quickly, but this is just so unfair on those waiting in line for over a year, and unable to work. If I were still one of the unlucky ones waiting, I would be tempted to withdraw my application completely and resubmit it!

Sharmarina, my suggestion is that next time you call the Home Office, explain that your husband cannot now legally work (the CoA is only a valid entitlement to work for six months, after that most employers will not take people on) and this is all their fault. It might work. Some call centre operators are more helpful than others; if you get someone useless an unsympathetic, hang up and try again.

This is what I did when they couldn't make a decision - explained to the call centre operator clearly that I had to tell my employers whether I could or could not work, as the UKBA were refusing to give me a yes or no answer. They suggested that my employers call them. I said, why, is there something you can tell them that you can't tell me? At that point I asked to speak to a manager who could give me yes or no answer. They then got an actual real live human caseworker to call me back, and I explained the situation to her. And two weeks later (after 9 months' uncertainty) I now have my passort and RC.

To the person who needs their passport back - I know it's frustrating, but can't you just request the passport back through the usual channels? It's supposed to take them 10 days (for EEA2 anyway). They'll then ask you to submit it once it's time for them to stamp the EEA4.

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:56 pm

This is what I did when they couldn't make a decision - explained to the call centre operator clearly that I had to tell my employers whether I could or could not work, as the UKBA were refusing to give me a yes or no answer. They suggested that my employers call them. I said, why, is there something you can tell them that you can't tell me? At that point I asked to speak to a manager who could give me yes or no answer. They then got an actual real live human caseworker to call me back, and I explained the situation to her. And two weeks later (after 9 months' uncertainty) I now have my passort and RC.
This is a really CLEVER argument !!! - not only UKBA is breaking the law but putting the applicant into an illegal situation .... that's a really, really strong argument, I am impressed !!!

Cheers. Eric

aussiegirl

arguments...

Post by aussiegirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks Eric - I don't know about clever though, I was just desperate. I only had another month to come up with legitimate immigration paperwork according to the terms of my contract, and really didn't want to lose my job. It just popped into my head, and it seems to have struck a chord with them.

harrince401
Newly Registered

Post by harrince401 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:21 pm

k71egm wrote:
mourad wrote:sm97os

sm97os

hang in there
Congratulations to him!!! Well done!!! Excellent job!!!

Could it be that applications involving US American citizens are somehow getting processed faster ? Any US Americans which would like to share their success rate ?

I'm American and my husband is Greek. I submitted my application in January 2009. I complained in late February about having not yet received a CoA, and received the CoA in mid March. I have complained numerous times since the six months expired in July and got an insulting letter that began "I am sorry that you have felt it necessary to complain about the length of time taken to process your application..." and went on with the rubbish about foreign national prisoners. It's now been over seven months. I rang them today because there is a medical emergency with my husband's family and he needs his passport back. There was still no decision even though according to the foreign prisoners letter my case has been with a caseworker for about a month now.

IMHO (and experience), there is no preferential treatment for Americans.

elevendi

16 months

Post by elevendi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

16 months since i have applied for EEA4

.been in uk since 2001
.applied through solicitor
.contacted MP
.married in registry office
.have kids

is there anything i can do that might help!!! any advise is appreciated except (((be passionate and wait ))) because i believe i have excessively used this one!

Soda
Newly Registered

Re: 16 months

Post by Soda » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:43 pm

elevendi wrote:16 months since i have applied for EEA4

.been in uk since 2001
.applied through solicitor
.contacted MP
.married in registry office
.have kids

is there anything i can do that might help!!! any advise is appreciated except (((be passionate and wait ))) because i believe i have excessively used this one!
If you don't mind spending some money, why don't you try to get a lawyer and sue the HO? At least, that is what I would do.
Otherwise have you tried writing to the Home Secretary directly?

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm

hi soda

let me correct my mistake first, the application is actually EEA2 not EEA4, you know with time passing you get to forget that you have an application in process!

no, i didn't contact Home Secretary directly, i don't know if it is appropriate to contact HS directly or need to go through some other agencies first

i am filling a form from SOLVIT website for now, if i need to contact HS what's the best way to do it... some advice appreciated

i am really getting tired from all this wait, specially because there's no any apparent problem with my application, everyting is in order!

please more advice because this time i want to do something about it...

THANK YOU FOR READING AND POSTING YOUR ADVISE

Soda
Newly Registered

Post by Soda » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:22 am

elevendi wrote:hi soda

let me correct my mistake first, the application is actually EEA2 not EEA4, you know with time passing you get to forget that you have an application in process!

no, i didn't contact Home Secretary directly, i don't know if it is appropriate to contact HS directly or need to go through some other agencies first

i am filling a form from SOLVIT website for now, if i need to contact HS what's the best way to do it... some advice appreciated

i am really getting tired from all this wait, specially because there's no any apparent problem with my application, everyting is in order!

please more advice because this time i want to do something about it...

THANK YOU FOR READING AND POSTING YOUR ADVISE
Indeed, you should contact your local MP first and the UKBA, but if nothing helps and you have a good reason for travelling (work, business, private reason, ...), nothing prevents you from contacting the Home Secretary directly to plead your case.

In our case, we made a lot of noise and we've just been contacted by the UKBA to finalize our application (they're asking for extra stuff which wasn't required in the application). And this is just 3 months after we started our application.

sharmarina

Re: inconsistencies!!

Post by sharmarina » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:50 pm

aussiegirl wrote:I too am glad for the people that get their cards so quickly, but this is just so unfair on those waiting in line for over a year, and unable to work. If I were still one of the unlucky ones waiting, I would be tempted to withdraw my application completely and resubmit it!

Sharmarina, my suggestion is that next time you call the Home Office, explain that your husband cannot now legally work (the CoA is only a valid entitlement to work for six months, after that most employers will not take people on) and this is all their fault. It might work. Some call centre operators are more helpful than others; if you get someone useless an unsympathetic, hang up and try again.

To the person who needs their passport back - I know it's frustrating, but can't you just request the passport back through the usual channels? It's supposed to take them 10 days (for EEA2 anyway). They'll then ask you to submit it once it's time for them to stamp the EEA4.
I've phoned 2day, 3 times (got through quite easily !) and no luck talking to a symphatetic One... the guy I spoke last tried to help, but looks like he was new to all this hussle , and just kept saying -' send us a letter, send fax to caseworker team ( caseworker himself wasn't even allocated yet!)
Complain to NWSCU AND MECSU , as well sugested to send complain to Croydon, and kept saying how sorry he is... That's all...
So, next steps are- to complain to HO secretary, Croydon ...

OmarA

Good news, very good news. We got the passport

Post by OmarA » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Here is an update about our case.

We received a letter on the 13th-Aug from our MP about my wife Residence Card along with a letter sent to him from the Home Office as they apologize about the delay and telling him they were buys and that they got my wife documents and all the paperwork ... etc. (This was sent to our old home address but was forwarded to our new address by royal mail), they even confirmed our new address on the letter as well, this letter was written by the Deputy Chief Excutive and was addressed to our MP.

Same day we received another letter from the Home Office directly to our new address and tell almost the same like apologize, how busy they are, bla bla... etc.

On Monday 17th-Aug (just 4 days later after the apologize letter) we received a big envelope from the Home Office returning my wife passport with all the documents. And the most important thing: a stamp on the passport 5 year residence permit (Residence Card is written on the permit) :lol:

Will my wife receive a proper Residence Card? or is that it?

I would like to thank all of you guys who helped me out and good luck with your Residence Card!

Any questions or help just ask!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Congratulations mate. That is all she would need. The resident card is usually affixed on the applicant's passport.

How long did it take in total, from application to approval.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks Obie, We applied last year 16th-Sep-2008, so that is 11 months exactly :!:

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:30 pm

omarA, congratulations to both ,you an your wife! How relieved you must be! Fantastic news and another successfull story!

mourad

Post by mourad » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 pm

well done omar and wife .
first a national insurance number then the EEA CARD and now a life .
mabrouk.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks to all of you.

Will my wife need a Schengen visa when traveling with me to France, Germany, Holland or Sweden?

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:57 am

hi, I sent my application for EEA2 included with my wife EEA1 resident card the 27/07, namely one day before my visa expires and they received my application the day after but till now and after almost one month I still did not have the COA and I am risking to lose my job, can you tell me please what is the phone number I should call to ask about it???
Thx