ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR; maximum stay out of country requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wphsmpteir1

ILR; maximum stay out of country requirements

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi,

I have been looking at the guidance notes and the form for ILR application for 5-years working category.

I can't see the maximum days in a year or period of 5-years out of country in guidance notes. I have heard that the maximum total days allowed is about 180, however can't see it anywhere on BIA website.

Please point me to the guidance notes if there are any or official maximum days out of country requirements in a year or 5-year period.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for the link

I found the following which states not more than six months.

"there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than three months duration, and they must not amount to more than six months in total for the whole five year period.."

Thanks again